I Nostalgia'd when I saw this

General water gun discussion.
Fatalness

I Nostalgia'd when I saw this

Post by Fatalness » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:05 am

When I was little I remember being repeatedly own by my cousin's Cool CPS waster guns and all i had was a little green yellow AP water gun my mom had bought at a thrift store.

Being a small scrawny kid didnt help cause i couldnt get too many pumps in before I would get soaked again cause i was too slow in pumping my gun.

Unfortunately it was crushed by some forgotten accident probably between me and my siblings.

I saw the iSoaker mainpage and saw they had a evolution tree for water guns so i checked out SS's tree.

THERE IT WAS. My trusty little friend the SS 50. I dont know if it was the classic but I've spent days and nights with this gun as a kid hugging it in bed as i slept. Haha i was so little that to get it to full pressure i had to put the end on the ground and pump it up and down like a bike pump to get it pressurized. Ahh those were good days.

and after i broke that one my mom never bought another one for me ever again. :(

Got your own stories on a trusty old friend?
My Very First Mod and Gun - The $5 Dollar QFD Backpack Mod

atvan

Re: I Nostalgia'd when I saw this

Post by atvan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:23 pm

Nice. I beleive the ~1990 editiom was the only yellow one.

My brother, finishing fifth grade, bought a Max-D 3000 twin pack with his own money. He bought the twin pack to be nice, and I cherished my teal and green MD3k for years before submersion filling snapped the trigger spring. I continued to use it as a piston pumper. At the beginning of the summer last year, I decided I wanted a new water gun, and found these sites in my research. I research everything before I buy it. I read all the reviews I could stand on iSoaker, and decided on a new gun. (Arctice Blast) I also found this site, and when I discovered I could fix my gun, I was overjoyed that I could fix my 4 year old gun.

The rubber band repair failed. I finaly managed to de-Max-D the gun, and used the old spring latched onto part of the casing. Now, the pump seal needs lube. This gun is dying. :(

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:30 am

Green and yellow sounds like it could be the original ss:50, 1980 or so.

I had a CPS 2100, and it was the weapon to beat. Everyone else had the equivalent of a Max-D 3000, and the gun was heavy to us. The pump froze however, and without the knowledge i had today, we trashed it. I'm still looking to replace one but not as much as i am to K mod a 1-3-5.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

atvan

Post by atvan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:38 am

I typoed. That is what I meant. I woke up too early (8:30) and wasn't thinking straight.

That is truly sad about the 2100. :'(
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

Fatalness

Post by Fatalness » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:47 am

But we all still have the good memories with those guns eh?
My Very First Mod and Gun - The $5 Dollar QFD Backpack Mod