A Few Questions About Available Soakers

General water gun discussion.
Volt

Post by Volt » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:01 am

Hey guys! As you can see I'm new to this forum, and I guess Super Soakers in general. I'm not really into using Soakers as well, soakers, though---I'm modding the ones I get into Nerf guns (since good Nerf guns are so hard to find outside eBay). So, uh, try not to kill me because I don't use them the way they're supposed to be used.
I recently bought an XP70 at K-Mart and modded it into a Nerf gun, and I loved it. I'm trying to find some more guns that aren't as gimmicky as the majority of the Soaker Tag ones to mod as well. So far I've only seen the XP70 and XP220 at K-Mart and a Max-D combo pack at Target. I'm trying to find a fairly powerful gun for a not-so outrageous price. I'm searching around and the best looking guns I've seen are a Max-D 5000 and a 2 pack of Max-D 6000's (for a steep price). I've also heard about the CPS 4100 being at TRU. I'm probably going to go to TRU to see if they have any 4100's (maybe on Sunday), but just in case they don't I'd like to know how good the Max-D 5K is. If you know of any other good (perferably CPS or XP) soakers available, please tell me where I can get them. Thanks for your help.
P.S.: I'm pretty sure there aren't any sports authorities around me, so I can't get a CPS 2100 from there.

Ellindar

Post by Ellindar » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:08 am

I don't really know whats in your area, but check around some dollar stores.They always seem to have them. And how did you mod them into a nerf gun?Thats pretty interesting. :)
My arsenal:
2x Vaporizer
2x Liquidator
1x Helix
1x Cps 4100
1x XP 110
1x Super Soaker Splashfire

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:36 am

Uhh, you could have Googled it.

http://www.yakman.i8.com/super%20soaker.htm

I actually mod Nerf guns myself, so I knew a link. ;)

I would say the Max-D 5000 would be your best bet if you're making it a Nerf gun. It's not too large and should get you good performance. The Max-D trigger technology opens fast, and you'll need that if you're shooting a projectile. Also, you could replace the reservoir of the Max-D 5000 with a smaller chamber to make it take less pumps. Then do a check valve freeze (you may know it as a release valve plug). I don't know much about barrels, so after that add your barrel and you're gun should work fine.

Ellindar

Post by Ellindar » Sat Jun 19, 2004 12:52 am

Wow, that nerf/soaker thing was awesome I am going to try it.
My arsenal:
2x Vaporizer
2x Liquidator
1x Helix
1x Cps 4100
1x XP 110
1x Super Soaker Splashfire