water gun "sniper"

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Bradisfun

water gun "sniper"

Post by Bradisfun » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:26 am

ok so i think if found a way to do this "impossable" thing
i wont unvail to much untill i finsh it as i might sell these!
but i'v worked out that the cost to build these might be about
$55-$70 AUD ($48.95-$62.3 USD) so i will probs sell these for about
$110-$140ish, what do u guys think?
all i can say is that it will be a APH using a on bord bike pump
and the most un usual part of the gun is that it will have a barel!
i cant say any more but i will be looking for a very ergonomic look.
what do u think of this and how much do u think i should charge for this gun?

Drenchenator

Re: water gun "sniper"

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:33 am

all i can say is that it will be a APH using a on bord bike pump
I hate to break it to you, but the APH uses a water pump, not an air pump. The pump in an APH just moves water into the pressure chamber, and the extra water reduces the air volume, and this reduced air volume increases the pressure. An air pump won't do that, so the gun won't work.
and the most un usual part of the gun is that it will have a barel!
Barrels do nothing for a water gun except waste pipe and reduce the gun's performance. Don't use a barrel; use a good nozzle instead. A barrel just won't help.
what do u think of this and how much do u think i should charge for this gun?
If the gun worked, I won't charge over 75 USD for an APH. I doubt many people would buy it at that price even, since few will buy it in the first place.
i cant say any more but i will be looking for a very ergonomic look.
Could you be more specific? Ergonomics are nice, but in what way will it be ergonomic?
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:56 am

Drenchenator wrote:I hate to break it to you, but the APH uses a water pump, not an air pump. The pump in an APH just moves water into the pressure chamber, and the extra water reduces the air volume, and this reduced air volume increases the pressure. An air pump won't do that, so the gun won't work.

Barrels do nothing for a water gun except waste pipe and reduce the gun's performance. Don't use a barrel; use a good nozzle instead. A barrel just won't help.

If the gun worked, I won't charge over 75 USD for an APH. I doubt many people would buy it at that price even, since few will buy it in the first place.

Could you be more specific? Ergonomics are nice, but in what way will it be ergonomic?
ok the barel is more of a VERY long nozel
and i'm not makeing this part im buying it so its made and designed to do this!

well im not exactly shure how APH works but i thought that it was just pumping air in to the water chamber witch in turn pressurerize's the water so when the valve opens the water shout out well any wat whot ever u call that it's what my gun will do

and for the Ergonomics i will look smooth and u wont see any of the pluming like most of the homemades on here and will have a nice pait job, it will look a lot more like a a real gun (the stock will be wider but thats all really)

any more ppl think it wont work!?
and like i said i wont be giving too much info away

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:03 am

ok the barel is more of a VERY long nozel
and i'm not makeing this partim buying it so its made to do this.
What part do you have in mind? A long conical nozzle with some stream laminaters can increase range a lot. Is this what you were thinking?
well im not exactly shure how APH works but i thought that it was just pumping air in to the water chamber witch in turn pressurerize's the water so when the valve opens the water shout out well any wat whot ever u call that it's what my gun will do
I suggest you read the APH page before moving on farther, specifically the APH frequently asked questions page. To be a bit blunt, if you do not understand how it works, you will not understand how to build it.

The APH works by pumping water into a sealed air chamber. The air doesn't leave the gun; it just gets compressed. Compressed air is pressurized air, and this pressure pushes the water out. To be brief, the gun works off air pressure, but the pump only pushes water into the air, making the air compress.

Best of luck with the build!

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:08 am

well it will work the same way as the uber soaker only instead of haveing HPA bottle like he does i will have a bike pump! and my secret nozle and valve will make this more of a sniper!!!!

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:33 pm

The Uber Soaker and the aph are different designs completely. The ubersoaker is more a PR (pressurized reservoir) and the APH uses PCs (pressure chambers). But let me be even more specific. The APH's pressure chambers are "water" pressure chambers, in which you pump "water" into. It builds pressure in the PC, and then the ball valve (or other valve for that matter) opens and shoots out.

The UberSoaker uses CO2 to shoot it out, pressurizing the entire water supply (reservoir). Then, through a hose, a valve is opened and the water is shot out.

Do you understand now? So which are you building, an APH or UberSoaker?
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:02 am

ok thanks.yeah it the same kind as the UberSoaker, only it wont have a back pack reservoir and it wont use CO2 it will use a bike pump to pressurerize the water chamber

ok now that thats cleard up. i dont plan on selling these in the U.S or anything probs just to my brothers friends and go from there

so i will list the main components below
-aluminum sports bottle
-bike pump
AND
-Pressure Washer Gun and Wand!!
what do u think?

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:17 am

I don't really see how this will work, but ok. So what you do is put water into a PC, pump it with a bike pump, and shoot out with a water gun? Is that it?

The UberSoaker is a little different, but ok.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:10 am

umm not really i plan to have the water bottle filled with water then pump AIR into the water chamber to preshrize the water (like the uber soaker) then just pull the Pressure Washer Gun triger and out cme water!!! the only difrence is the uber soaker use's CO2 and has a biger chamber,he also used a garden hose spray thing but i will be useing a Pressure Washer sprayer.
hopefully u under stand now!

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:01 am

Okay, that makes perfect sense. If I read it correctly, you just want to build a pressurized reservoir water gun. That's what it's called. It's one of the most basic designs, but it still performs very well. Good luck on the design and build!

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:56 am

yeah thats the 1,thx Drenchenator

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:50 pm

Sounds good! I think we all understand now. Good luck with building!
SPLASH! You're dead!

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:44 am

yeah ut i might have to put off the building stage as im building a 800 psi "arrow head" pneumatic gun at the moment i might save it for the contest as well

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:23 pm

We don't know about the contest yet. We need to wait until later so that more members (who will be new) can come up with ideas.
SPLASH! You're dead!

Bradisfun

Post by Bradisfun » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:46 am

yeah i will need to wait as i have need to spen some more muney on my gaming!