Hi

General water gun discussion.
H20wned

Hi

Post by H20wned » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:42 pm

Hi i'm new here, I was told about this site by a friend but don't know what his username here is.
I love super soakers, nerf guns and my playstation 2.

I don't have many guns but I am hoping to change that.

List:
Flash flood
Triple shot
Helix
Storm 3000
Storm 1700
DB 760
Broken super soaker 50
some triangular lanard gun.

I've been looking for a flash flood for quite some time now and was going to buy one in woolworths but left it for another day foolishly. Ever since I have found it impossible to get one for £10. I don't really want to pay £20 from amazon.
I was hoping one of you might be able to help me.

That's the main reason I joined, but the other is

I LOVE TO SOAK!
Last edited by H20wned on Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:37 pm

Welcome to SSC! If you're looking for a Flash Flood and you don't want to order it online, the best I can suggest is to keep on looking. It is still being produced and is popular so, unlike some other weapons of water warfare, you might have some luck.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:00 am

If you're not looking for it online, best wait till next year because most stores (at least in my area) have nothing but oozinators and cheap block and shoot gimmicky type stuff. However, you might see an oozinator for cheap (due to clearances), like $6 and if you do find it at that price, get one. But if you can't find any around your area I guess you're out of luck.

Edit: This probably only applies if you're in the northern area, the southern warmer areas probably sell them longer.
Last edited by C-A_99 on Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

H20wned

thanks

Post by H20wned » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:47 am

Thanks but you do know I live in the UK right?
I'm not sure if you were talking about that or America.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:02 pm

I don't know about the UK but I'm guessing you should be able to find stuff around your area if the weather is good all year or most of it. I live in the lower area of Michigan, a few hours from Ohio so it get's cold and snowy in the winter and they stop selling water guns around late July.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:17 am

I'll butt in here, being one of the forum's experts on the UK (living there helps)

It's often hard to find a particular soaker, but I believe the Flash flood is still hanging around in various stores.

Your best bets are to go to:

- Local department stores. they often have a toy section with a large number of water guns, and those may be what you are looking for.

- Local Toy stores. Obvious, but at this time of year, the summer is drawing to a close, and most kiddies will have got their new soakers at the start of the break, so they may well have an overstock that they need to get rid of.

- Toy warehouses. You know the kind of thing. These will certainly have lots of soakers, and they often have older soakers in storage, much more valuable than a Flash flood, but you may get them on serious discount.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston