NEW Water Gun Line: Mizumi

General water gun discussion.
ZOCCOZ

NEW Water Gun Line: Mizumi

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu May 29, 2008 12:56 am

Well, I haven't been around for awhile. Then again, not much new with retail soakers. And with that I mean Super Soaker still sucks(how can you brutally mess up even pump cannons?) and Water Warriors are still to slow witted to crush them(how can you not run someone out of business who messes up even pump cannons?). Its like a Mediocrity Arms Race.
Not to mention people paying $100+ for CPS soakers with 10+year old decaying rubber inside.

In any case, here is a new Water Gun line that might bring something less crappy. Its not like the bar is high right now, or that this line is any better. However they have decent designs and nice looking sizes. I probably will be getting the KEN and the BASHIRA. Anyways, you heard it first from good ol' ZOCCOZ here :cool: :

Mizumi = http://www.stadlbauer.at/87.0.html?&L=1

SSCBen

Re: NEW Water Gun Line: Mizumi

Post by SSCBen » Thu May 29, 2008 1:39 am

Nice find. I've never seen this before.

I've got a few things to do, but I found the largest one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Carrera-12550400- ... B000YS063E

$50 is a pretty high price! Hopefully it has the performance to back the price tag up. 10 meters of range is respectable, but not incredible. The 1.7 liter capacity isn't very good either. I'm wondering if this is a pressurized reservoir water gun.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 29, 2008 2:08 am

Like Ben, I'm just hoping they went for more than aesthetics. The company seems to have branched out in a whole bunch of toy areas, but I can't see any signs of history with toy guns (as the folks at Buzz Bee Toys had).

Still, if you get any of the water guns, I'm interested in hearing more! Nice find, ZOCCOZ.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Thu May 29, 2008 5:39 am

At this point I don't know for performance. Proportionally the nozzles appear somewhat of a 3X-5X. And I'm not talking about the CG stream, but just the nozzle hole. So a 5X that squirts 10 meters for more than a lousy second isn't that bad. Not in todays market anyways. Then again, it might just be an over sized X-Stream that is tank pressurized. Still, you respray those thing in black or grey and they would look sweet.

Killer 7

Post by Killer 7 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:49 pm

I looked on amazon .com aswell, and the guns look interesting. The smallest one has an incredibly small nozzle though. the intermediate sized one looks good, I just hope it performs as good as it looks. Another thing I noticed is how expensive their guns are. the smallest is $12.99 and the middle one is $24.99 I hope they perform up to their cost aswell.

used man

Post by used man » Fri May 30, 2008 1:26 am

The ken sword costs 45 dollars and looks realy cool + it doubles as a sword.
"dont mess with used man!"-sloganizer.net
thanks to dx for link to website

Commander Soakage

Post by Commander Soakage » Fri May 30, 2008 9:19 pm

I'm glad their is a new line of soakers as an option. hasbro's guns are crappier than ever, and buzz bee hasn't introduced much new stuff, this might be my new brand of soaker. They still have gimmicks but at least the gimmicks are for looks rather than how the gun works (or doesn't) REALLY nice find.

P.S. Does anyone know where I can buy one?
HASBRO stands for:
Horrible, Atrocious, Stupid, Bratty, Rotten and Obnoxious

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Fri May 30, 2008 9:24 pm

As Ben noted, some are available through Amazon.com. Don't think anyone has actually found any of these in stores, yet. ( at least no one has posted that they've seen them in person ).

Interesting looking blasters, but I await either to hear more about them once someone actually uses one or if I manage to get my own hands on one ( my funds a little tight at the moment).

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

Commander Soakage

Post by Commander Soakage » Fri May 30, 2008 9:27 pm

I could probably buy one when i get back from Camp and I will post a review on this thread (probably W/O pics )

:edit: I found out on amazon that they might have been discontinued and I can't find them anywhere else, could sombody confirm or deny that it is (or isn't) discontinued.
Last edited by Commander Soakage on Fri May 30, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HASBRO stands for:
Horrible, Atrocious, Stupid, Bratty, Rotten and Obnoxious

zuloon

Post by zuloon » Fri May 30, 2008 11:36 pm

The Ken looks pretty sweet.

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Sat May 31, 2008 11:41 am

Looking at several pictures you can see that all axcept for two,can't remember wich ones, are piston based soakers. Also I doubt that they have a 5x stream. I bet it's more around 1 or 2x like most of todays blasters. Having said that I would be happy to be proved wrong.
Storm,
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

elyz

Post by elyz » Sat May 31, 2008 12:24 pm

I was at a SoakFest yesterday with some friends, and someone brought a Mizumi Oyakata.
I couldn't get my hands on it, but by what i could observe, it is either a pressurized reservoir or a pressure chamber, not a piston blaster.
Performance-like, those things suck. I would estimate the range to 6-7 m. The stream is fairly small, at last 1.5x. The pump handle is very short, like the ones you would expect at pistol-sized blasters. So I would strongly advise everyone, not to buy one of those, as they are totally overpriced as well (the oyakata costs 17 € on amazon.de)

elyz

P.S.: At that Soakfest I was also able to use a CPS for the first time. It was a CPS 1500.
I must say this thing ROCKS! From what I know, that's one of the smaller CPSs, right?
I can only imagine how a CPS 2000 would feel like O.O

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sat May 31, 2008 4:37 pm

That sounds unfortunate; I was thinking that the rather high price would at least guarantee decent performance. Anyone else use one of these?
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Thanks for the information elyz. I guess we'll have to look at something else unless those were duds.

The CPS 1500 is a mid-sized CPS blaster. It's not as long as ones like the CPS 2500/2000, the Monster X, and Monster XL, but it's still nicely sized. People generally think it is one of the more balanced water guns around combining performance with a good sized package. The CPS 2000 definitely is more powerful but most people would find the 1500 to be the most useful.

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Sat May 31, 2008 11:59 pm

Damn I was hoping that these might at least have some future in the community.
Oh well, I've got my armoury to fall back on, however I pity some of the other ThunderWars members who could have used a decent source of guns, that they didn't have to pay 50-60 bucks for. Oh well
Storm,
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering