2006 water guns

General water gun discussion.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:12 pm

Apparently Hasbro has the designs for the next year finished up about mid-year each year. Last year we received an early preview into the Buzz Bee Toys line when Big Bee posted the line-up.

I'm going to be periodically checking trademarks and patents for possible new water guns. Some may remember when last year I found a trademark on SoakerTag Elite. And what did you know, that's what we got this year!

You all must understand also that no one has official connections with Hasbro or Buzz Bee Toys. We don't know anything about next years lines, and if we did, you should be sure that we would tell you about it.

Leaks, trademarks, and patents are what I feel our best bets are in finding out what is going to be available next year. If we find an interesting trademark and it appears on eBay (like the Wookiee Blaster), we could get a nice glimpse into next year's water guns!

I hope that Big Bee joins our forum and gives us a little bit of information, but time will tell. ;)

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:06 am

Since both major companies have been silent lately about their 2006 lines, we might as well speculate about what will be released.

I expect some larger and more improved guns from Buzz Bee Toys. As for Hasbro, it could go either way: More power and more CPS soakers or a return to weaker guns like the 2004 line. Most likely is that 2006 will be like this year's line, some CPS soakers, some air pressure.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:29 pm

I wish Hasbro would release a CPS 2100 type soaker next year. They've already smartened up enough to release CPS soakers again this year, so who knows what could happen next year?
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:35 pm

I hope either Water Warriors or Super Soaker makes a multi-purpose blaster like the CPS-1500/1700. God, I miss those things. How did Hasbro get hold of Lamari anyways? I know it was something about money.
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:55 pm

Hasbro has had Larami for a long time, but has only switched names within the past few years.

Honestly, as much of a travesty as the EES guns were, I think that they taught Hasbro a very important lesson. Even kids want power in their water guns, not bells and whistles. Hence this year's major step in the right direction.
My Armory
<span style='color :p urple'>
4 XP-210s
Secret Strike with drilled nozzle and increased range
XP 310 with shotgun nozzle and fan nozzle
Storm something-or-other pistol
Old "Power Soaker" - hey, it's made by Larami!

I miss my XP 75 classic... I don't miss my XP 85.

Need DOS help or looking for games? Dosgames.com is a great resource, and its forums are excellent, and, hey, I've been a mod there for years!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:49 pm

Big Bee has posted next year's Water Warriors line at the iSoaker.com forums. He also has joined this forum, so I am assuming that he will answer questions you have about the new line-up.
Haven't posted since April? Sorry!

It's alittle too early to give a full disclosure of the 2006 line, but it's fair to say we are listening and doing the best we can. Some of the highlights:

Aqua-Master system will be improved to make pumping a little easier. Argon will still use 3 pumps, Xenon will go to 4 pumps and Krypton to 5 pumps. This will reduce the force by approximately half.

Splat Blaster is new for 06. Designed like a shotgun, one pump bladder system, large nozzle. Range is limited to about 25 ft. but it is a close-in defensive weapon. Shoots a big Blast of water with shot-gun like performance. This item was developed right here at i-soaker, if you go back through the suggestions, you can see it. Thanks to all of you who contributed, I hope it is what you were asking for.

Of course, previous models are still available in different color combinations for 06.

Big news for us is the Scorpion. It is a battery operated/diaphram system. Comes with re-chargeable batteries and shoots like a soaker, not piston operated blaster. 3 selectable nozzles. Price is a little high, so it is mostly being tested by retailers, very limited distribution, but if it is successful, it will open the door to bigger and better blasters.
For increased distance, I think 2006 will leave you all a little flat, there has not been much improvement in this area. The good news is, Ben has offered us a suggestion that might work and increase distance substantially, but would be a 2007 offering.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:14 pm

Sounds awsome.

As most have said, I do not like the idea of batteries in the guns, unless they are sealed properly, which I am sure they will be.

Just so ya know, I don't post on iSoaker anymore, I just browse.
I don't check this forum anymore.

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:39 pm

Batteries in a soaker aren't really a problem. I put batteries in my storm 800 to activate the LED light, and I didn't run into any problems. :cool:
Playstation 3: Check the Consumer Elecronic Show (CES) early next month for more PS3 info, and possible confirmation of a release date

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:14 pm

The 2006 Super Soaker line should be released sometime soon. Last year we got an early peak, and I hope we get something similar this year.

I will keep checking Super Soaker .com and trademarks for something new. Right now, nothing new has appeared, though some usual ones like AquaTag and Goofy Geyser are now appearing (both are abandoned however, so they are not likely to be seen). SoakerTag Elite is still being used, so I am guessing that we will be seeing mostly the same water guns from Super Soaker next year.

Is anyone else having problems with the Quick Reply? It doesn't appear for me.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:31 pm

Is anyone else having problems with the Quick Reply? It doesn't appear for me.

There was no Quick Reply box available when posting this reply.

At any rate, still no newer news regarding next year's line-up. However, 'tis definitely the time to keep our collective eyes and ears open. New info is likely just a moment or two away. Of course, the real question become whether we'll see more of the same or whether there appears definitely improvements in the status of the stock soaker.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:42 pm

My quick reply is also down, but that's not a big deal. I don't expect much improvement next year from Hasbro. The BBT line looks good but not good enough to make me want to but one. However I expect a big range improvement in 2007. :cool:
Playstation 3: Check the Consumer Elecronic Show (CES) early next month for more PS3 info, and possible confirmation of a release date

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:46 pm

As usual, SuperSoaker.com is not updated with the new water guns on the first day of the new year. I suspect that Hasbro will be continuing the same line-up. SuperSoaker.com should be updated anyway because many links are broken. Hasbro's press release center also does not have any updates.

Buzz Bee Toy's website also has not been updated, but they already told us what is new and what is changing.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:42 pm

Ben wrote:As usual, SuperSoaker.com is not updated with the new water guns on the first day of the new year. I suspect that Hasbro will be continuing the same line-up. SuperSoaker.com should be updated anyway because many links are broken. Hasbro's press release center also does not have any updates.

Buzz Bee Toy's website also has not been updated, but they already told us what is new and what is changing.
I'd expect one or two new blasters at least, since they did so both last year and the year before.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Wild Boys

Post by Wild Boys » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:02 pm

ATTENTION! New backpack 2006 gun, called the Max Infusion Overload, it looks like the Aqua Pack Devastator with improvements, I may buy it. Looks like there are more old and new soakers on the back! It seems to be a small Max D gun with a backpack, 3 nozzles and a tracked pump, which surprises me, could things be getting better? It also looks like there are more blasters like this, as you can attach different ones to the backpack it seems, very interesting, although it is still Max D though it seems.

Here it is: http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-SOAKER-Max-In ... dZViewItem

If I get it, I'll get stats, but don't count on anything.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:08 am

Nice find. I wonder where these people get these new guns so early?

I put it into GIMP and zoomed into the image. It seems that they have kept a lot of last years guns. The Helix and Artic Shock are back. The Liquidator and Flash Flood will return in red/orange.

There seems to be a Max-D style gun and two new XP style guns, one seems to have a track mounted pump.

This "Max Infusion Overload" gun seems like a smaller, non-CPS remake of the Aqua Pack Devastator.

Hasbro seems to be doing a better job this time around. :)
I don't check this forum anymore.