Water Guns

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
Bloody Jack Flint

Water Guns

Post by Bloody Jack Flint » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:19 pm

I am new to the whole Water Gun Modification thing, so I am wondering where am I able to get guns in the CPS series? On the net and off the net. I want to be able to check out my options.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:24 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central, but you might be disappointed if you only came looking for where to get CPS soakers. Since they're out of production, used (but sometimes NIB, but even more expensive) ones are very expensive off eBay; you can also check garage sales, friend's houses, and Freecycle. That's just about it.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:41 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

The best two places online to check would be eBay and online forums. eBay would have a better selection, but much higher prices. The best time to check eBay is during the winter because prices are lower.

Locally, try toy stores, especially non-chain ones. Also try yard sales, thrift stores, and Freecycle. I've heard lots of stories about people getting CPS water guns for cheap or free from all three of those places. I suppose that finding them at those places would be the hardest part however.

Don't forget that there are other great water guns that are often overlooked. I bought an XP 150 for $1 on eBay (~$10 shipping). My brother bought an SS 300 on eBay for $26 including shipping, and we've measured it's distance to be over 50 feet about 40% of the time (statistically too - we shot it 50 times). Both are great water guns. I see a lot of larger XPs such as the XP 250 go for near nothing on eBay too. ;)

Bloody Jack Flint

XP

Post by Bloody Jack Flint » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:40 pm

See, I don't prefer CPS, but its the best for grunts. I would love XPs, but it seems better to get guns with a much greater potential, since I believe an XP would be more suitable as a backup.