Alternate Pump Cap Repair

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:37 pm

Recently, my CPS 2700's pump cap snapped cleanly off. People reccomended that I try putting a bottle cap, like one from a water bottle, on the pump. However, because the screws are so rusted, it would have been next to impossible to do that.

I tried epoxying it together, which is something you should never try. I was almost ready to risk taking it apart when I thought of a temporary fix. Masking tape!

I'm being serious! I tried a few layers of 1 inch masking tape, and the pump cap is actually very secure! I'm sure it would work better if you used duct tape, but none was available for me.

I would recommend putting epoxy on the pump cap of all your water guns, just to add resistance to prevent breakage. But, if you either don't have the materials to take the gun apart, or prize it too much to risk it, try this out. It doesn't always look the nicest, but it works!

I'll update after I try it out in battle.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

DX

Post by DX » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:09 am

I would recommend putting epoxy on the pump cap of all your water guns, just to add resistance to prevent breakage. But, if you either don't have the materials to take the gun apart, or prize it too much to risk it, try this out. It doesn't always look the nicest, but it works!
The repair is a good idea, but the pump cap is not beneficial on many guns. Example if you epoxied the pump cap on a 2100 or 4100, then you will never again be able to open the guns. Several guns require the pump cap be removed when modding or you won't be able to fully open the gun. You can do this repair if you want to fix a broken pump cap, but if you plan on modding the gun, don't glue it.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:38 am

But, with the 2700, if you remove the pump cap the pump will actually come out, which is annoying in battle. The only reason I suggested that was to prevent it from cracking.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<