Harvests of a cheap water gun

Threads about how water guns work and other miscellaneous water gun technology threads.
mysterio

Harvests of a cheap water gun

Post by mysterio » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:47 am

Well, i went to the 99 cents store to go and get a water gun to take apart. After dissecting it, I found all the thing you would expect in a water gun, (2 check valves, trigger, flexible pipe). After tinkering with an especially think section connecting the trigger and check valves, I found a seam, and pulled it apart. inside, i found a piston cup, and a waterproof spring. the spring is really strong, and the piston cup matches up to about 1/2 inch in diameter! They most likely vary with different types of water guns, but I'm sure that some of them are exact.

I'll post pics if i can.

mysterio

Re: Harvests of a cheap water gun

Post by mysterio » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:30 am

I'm gonna try and get a different kind this time, a stream machine one. this one should have a larger piston

Edit: wow. the piston from the stream machine gun had an exact 3/4 inch seal, with a 6/16 inch ID. its like a double piston cup, but all one piece. you could put it on a threaded rod with washers and nuts and make a pretty efficient pump with it. ill put up a pic of it and the other one sometime soon.

all this from the 99 cent store.
Last edited by mysterio on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

martianshark

Re: Harvests of a cheap water gun

Post by martianshark » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:19 am

I've found some simular things at Dollar Tree.

Also, you're sort of double posting. You should make edits.