Post by jende » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Super Soaker vs Angry man

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rebtUWuzKPI

-G-JiV-

Re: Super Soakers make people crazy

Post by -G-JiV- » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:09 pm

ooooo hahaha...what would he have done if a CPS 2000 was used ? :D

Nice thing, there is so much tension evrywhere, and people are getting crazy because of some ml of water... :p
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

HighTide11

Post by HighTide11 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:46 pm

This is hilarious. The man would of gone chaotic if a monster XL had been used!
Commander of the SAS- Soaker Assault Squad
My Armoury:
SS High Tide/Point Brake
Feilum F50

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:55 pm

I'm just waiting for him to go up against a APH....
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

antisushi67

Post by antisushi67 » Sat May 28, 2011 3:34 am

Hmmm.... how's a cps 2000 k-modded at point blank sound?
Hilarious.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sat May 28, 2011 4:06 am

Try it with a SuperCannon II and watch the sparks fly.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Sat May 28, 2011 7:52 am

:D hei C-A_99, we want to soak the guy and not kill him :D THe SuperCannon 2 would have blast him off his bike and push him into the traffic... :D
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 28, 2011 3:32 pm

WBL point blank and leveled, with 3 balloons in the barrel :)
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

The Soaker

Post by The Soaker » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:53 pm

or the supersoaker CPS EXPLOSION ill explain to the next person who replies to this comment
CPS 2000!!!!!! *FWOOSH!!!*

HighTide11

Post by HighTide11 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:10 pm

The Soaker wrote:or the supersoaker CPS EXPLOSION ill explain to the next person who replies to this comment
Explain Please. Also, please use punctuation! It helps!
Commander of the SAS- Soaker Assault Squad
My Armoury:
SS High Tide/Point Brake
Feilum F50

makeitgo

Post by makeitgo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:26 pm

First off, I'm as easy going as they come. I can take a prank and laugh about it but I understand and respect that other people may not be so lenient or forgiving.

The guy was on a bike on the road! What if the blast caused him to swerve involuntarily into traffic? Those guys could have been charged with accessory to involuntary manslaughter. Or assault leading to bodily injury at least. The guy with the Super Soaker would be charged with premeditated assault resulting in murder 1. Going to prison for a prank would not be funny...

I'm more a foam blaster guy and I'm sure if I hit one of you with a Stefan from a modded blaster while you were just biking/walking you would all react very similarly to this guy.

Nobody likes to get sprayed/hit if they're not willing! Even you guys.
Imagine if I hit one of you guys with this: Modded SS XP150 video at point blank range.

In my city, Ottawa, Ontario Canada, this kind of thing is now considered a chargeable offence. About 10 years ago, Super Soaker pranks like this one were common until a 21 year old girl lost an eye while waiting for a bus. Some guys thought it would be funny to do SS drive-bys. Which they later confessed to many incidents around the city.

2 weeks after this offense, it was repeated by another group of teens who wound up taking the sight of an elderly woman. BOTH EYES!!!

In both incidents an 18 year old and a 21 year old faced criminal charges and jail time. The under aged teens involved have permanent criminal records. But to make a point, the city charged their parents with hefty, hefty, HEFTY fines!!!

If you still don't think it's a big deal, go poke out the eye of someone you care about and tell everyone it was just a joke. My girlfriend at the time knew the 21 year old. It was not funny.
Last edited by makeitgo on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Super Soaker pranks like this one were common until a 21 year old girl lost an eye while waiting for a bus. Some guys thought it would be funny to do SS drive-bys. Which they later confessed to many incidents around the city.

2 weeks after this offense, it was repeated by another group of teens who wound up taking the sight of an elderly woman. BOTH EYES!!!
Wait a minute, are you talking about Super Soakers or Nerf guns? Because I don't think even the CPS 2000 could actually blind someone. It would take a pressure washer or a Supercannon II to do that. I could be wrong, but I've never heard of water guns blinding people before (Aside from the CPS 2000 rumor which I don't think is true.).
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

makeitgo

Post by makeitgo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:08 pm

SEAL wrote:Wait a minute, are you talking about Super Soakers or Nerf guns? Because I don't think even the CPS 2000 could actually blind someone. It would take a pressure washer or a Supercannon II to do that. I could be wrong, but I've never heard of water guns blinding people before (Aside from the CPS 2000 rumor which I don't think is true.).

It was a Super Soaker with an undisclosed chemical. Some say it was windshield washer fluid. Some say it was dish soap. Only the police and criminals involved really know. The victim claimed a burning sensation and a soapy feel. The more she rubbed the more it burned. It was over an hour before she received any help because she was completely alone late at night. Cell phones were not as common 10 years ago.

Regardless of the weapon used, the victim was irreparably injured. Anything that fires a projectile is considered a 'firearm'. Look up the term firearm as per law and it's in there.

10 years ago, in Ottawa, Super Soaker, Nerf, Airsoft, Paintball and even marshmellow drive-bys were common and becoming a nuisance. It was this incident that broke the camels back and created very strict by-laws concerning any and all of the aforementioned blasters.

I totally believe if 'innocent bystanders' were NEVER the victims, we as a whole, wouldn't be having these problems in the first place.

Today, some guy gets blasted by water on his bike. No harm. No foul. Right? - WRONG!!!

...Take a read above in this post. See how many people are encouraging 'harsher' acts?

"Hmmm.... how's a cps 2000 k-modded at point blank sound?
Hilarious." ~ antisushi67

"Try it with a SuperCannon II and watch the sparks fly." ~ C-A_99

"WBL point blank and leveled, with 3 balloons in the barrel" ~ DX

"I'm just waiting for him to go up against a APH.... " ~ zeda.beta

Sure they might be joking but it only takes one to actually go out and do it.

Some of those quotes are from Administrators!

If an impressionable 14 year old reads that and knows an administrator encourages it, how long before he/she or somebody like him/her actually goes out to do it. These kids aren't completely stupid. They know that they can't be criminally charged as an adult. So they have that arrogance to just go do it without fear of consequence.

As an adult and administrator, this kind of behavior should be discouraged and not tolerated. Especially if you want this sport to get out of the bad light the media is so insistent on spotting it with.

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:50 am

^Great points. It is easy to become detached from the reality that not everyone is as enthusiastic about these products as we are.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:14 am

I still contend that anyone who'd take the above jokes the wrong way simply lacks the mental capacity to build the aforementioned equipment. The remarks were a very obvious play on the biker's reaction which was clearly unnecessary for a few droplets of water, even if the original prank itself was a bad idea. The biker was not in anymore danger than I was when I biked to the park once and a group of people blocked the path and forced me to go around via rough terrain (while making dumb racist jokes). I biked away while flipping them off instead of getting off to pick fights with them or coming back with a WBL. (However, I sure would've joked about it.)

The difference between a few droplets of water versus loading blasters with chemicals or high powered Nerf blasters pretty much speaks for itself. While a prank with a blaster is a bad idea, a prank with a blaster loaded with anything other than water, or with a CPVC barrel attached to the blaster instead, is obviously intent to hurt someone, versus intent to annoy them. You do make a legit point however, that the difference between such intent is incomprehensible for many people. I've heard stories about car windshields being broken with water balloons.

What's allowed and not allowed varies depending on where you live, and involves projectiles,muzzle velocities, and projectile energy. The keyword here is "fire", which by definition, involves a process of combustion. A crossbow is not a firearm, nor is an air gun nor Nerf blaster.

Either way, point taken: pranks on strangers are generally a bad idea. Unless it's the dollar bill on a string prank, because that one's just hilarious. =p (On a more serious note, where do we draw the line? The dollar bill prank has the risk of causing someone to trip over and get a concussion; does that mean it should be illegal or make the prank in general any less funny?) But even pranks that may not be good ideas but are still safe and funny can be laughed at. However, I discussed a lot in another thread the problems of how laws blame things or jokes instead of people. The case with the windshield fluid or the water balloon and windshield were both very obvious cases of stupidity.

As for SSC, we've made clear the need to be safe with using water guns; being safe with all things DIY as well as using only water. Most game rule draftings on both websites (iSoaker and SSC) also prohibit the blasting of non-participants (which I prohibit myself). And lets be honest, if the biker was shot with a stock micro dart from a stock Maverick and the guy reacted the same way, I highly doubt that no one from the NIC would be laughing. (Perhaps except for the admins who lock every 5th topic that appears anyway, though to be fair they kind of have to.)