Plans for the near future

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

Plans for the near future

Post by SSCBen » Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:12 am

To get our forum back fully funtional again as soon as possible, I believe I should outline out short term goals to help me remember and let everyone know what is going to be done and what is done.

To be done

- Spell check and rules added
- SEO modifications and friendly URL modification
- Skin change or clean up (to those who hate it, it looks different on this computer so I'll change it)
- Email send to all members informing everyone to reset their passwords (with note taken to which emails bounce)
- mod_rewrite used to allow old URLs to still work

Done

- Small SEO changes

Please let me know here if there are any problems or you have any ideas. ;)
Last edited by SSCBen on Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:22 am

Hmm...You might want to add more smileys, have a link somewhere on the skin to the actual SSC website, and dont put the "lol" word filter the forums used to have (That was a real pain.)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:23 pm

Why no LOL word filter? This isn't AIM you know. :p

Actually, I can't filter words, only censor them. I will look into a word filter modification however because it was extremely useful.

I also rarely found most smilies useful, so those we have are here to stay. If you can make us some water-gun-related smilies, I might add them. From my experience, having more smilies usually means posts flooded with smilies, something I am trying to avoid. I have considered removing smilies alltogether because I don't think they add to discussion (but I won't for now).

I also removed the [size] tag and replaced it with the

and [h2] tags by the way. [size] had a tendency to be abused and the header tags are better for search engines. ;)

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:13 pm

No! Don't remove smileys! They are fun!

And I never really use different font sizes anyway.

Does the tag work?
edit: Yay it works

EDIT2:I typed this post with one hand because I was eating eggroles with the other :) .
Last edited by Hunt_and_Annoy on Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:39 pm

I haven't used any smilies yet on the new board [vBulletin smilies are strange]. Just like I don't use smilies on Trillian, because they are stranger than the AIM ones.
And I never really use different font sizes anyway.

^You just did.

EDIT: Using the quote attribute adds extra line spaces in the text following it. Weird.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:44 pm

I can help with the skin if you like. I just need a template to work with.

BTW I use Trillian. Akion 3 skin rocks.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:43 am

If you'd like to help code a custom skin for us, please PM me and I'll give you temporarily administrator access to work on the skin. ;)