Need Advice

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:56 am

I need some advice on how to train a inexprienced waterfighter. He can't aim, dodge, or even pump his properly. I seriously need some help.

Edit: Quit avoiding the word filter! Use kinder terms such as inexperienced water gunner! go talk to hunter, he tuaght me how to do it.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:07 am

I'd say eric can pump his gun...but I can pressurize a MXL before he's done with a hydroblade...and he can aim...but he needs a 10-second shot to hit...and yea...as for dodging...that's pretty much right...

And my advice is to have him train hard everyday...my aim sucked when I started...well...not nearly as much as his...

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:21 pm

Throw stuff like water balloons at him, and make him have to try and shoot you. And if that still doesn't work, then just use him as a human shield in a fight.

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:47 pm

Originally posted by blaze@Apr 13 2005, 09:21 AM
Throw stuff like water balloons at him, and make him have to try and shoot you. And if that still doesn't work, then just use him as a human shield in a fight.
[snapback]23900[/snapback]

No offense meant, but I am trying to make him like waterfighting more. Also I am trying to make him a somewhat good waterfighter as well. ;)

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Sun May 01, 2005 4:31 pm

I deleted the other two posts because they did not have to do with training. Please discuss scopes and so forth in the tech forum.

My team hasn't had a training session in it's 3 seasons of life, but the more we skirmish the more I think we should. I know I am a terrible shot. I've been thinking, suspend some targets and shoot at them from different distances. There are soem detailed training exercises out there, I'll track some down and post links.
Victory to Unit 1!

Storm

Post by Storm » Tue May 10, 2005 10:12 pm

The best way to train someone is to constantly have battles. If your trying to make him like water guns, don't make him do all sorts of exercises, aiming, pumping e.t.c. Just have as many battles as possible, even 1v1's against him. If he loses the battle just say, you should pump your gun more, try dodging better. Eventually from experience he will become a much better fighter.
Storm

hotshotwithcps4100

Post by hotshotwithcps4100 » Wed May 11, 2005 2:35 pm

Originally posted by Storm@May 10 2005, 05:12 PM
The best way to train someone is to constantly have battles. If your trying to make him like water guns, don't make him do all sorts of exercises, aiming, pumping e.t.c. Just have as many battles as possible, even 1v1's against him. If he loses the battle just say, you should pump your gun more, try dodging better. Eventually from experience he will become a much better fighter.
[snapback]24584[/snapback]

Yes, but if he keeps losing all the time, he may get discouraged.
Ultima Soak. Coming soon!

Mutton

Post by Mutton » Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:37 pm

you could just let him win the first few and increase the difficulty every fight.
I'm from Scotland and I like Haggis!

Elliott

Post by Elliott » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:36 pm

Yeh but from the second round up he'd probably still recieve a pounding each time.

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:49 pm

Yeah, good advice. I lost a member because I made him do exersices.

Edit: Please use the spell check! :P
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:13 am

My team has never done exercises, as we think constant battle experience is more important. Our newer members fight in the major wars and gain experience quickly. We give them advice and directions until they know what is expected.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

sogoie

Post by sogoie » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:36 am

I have to constanly practice running from one place to the other in Tennis here's a decent workout running plan because shooting we come natural if he plays 007, splinter cell, ghost recon, rainbow six, or any of those games Hey, that's funny..

2 month workout (which can go continuously but you'll see some results in 2 months)

Everyday make sure you stretch in the mornings, eat in moderation, eat right, don't sit on your butt , go walking for 30 mins (just a slow easy walk) you need to keep your muscles loose so you won't pull any(which hurts like heck and get real tight and can't touch your toes

Every week you need to have him run suicides (email me about details on that one ), and squats(40 hindu squats) and jumping rope(120 jumps), and the 6 ball drill (email me about that one and ill give you details too)

Every 2 times a month you need him to run 8 laps around your school track (make sure you time those and take 10 seconds off his last time for him to beat his next run so he'll get faster)

Make sure you put his Every week stuff on Mon. Tue. and Wed. then have him run the 8 laps on fri let him rest up on Sat, Sun, and Mon
have him do these things and he'll become faster than you in 2 months garunteed

yes I love exercising it makes me feel better and it'll make you feel better too you just gotta get out and bite the bullet !