Please help

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Prof_Slammin

Please help

Post by Prof_Slammin » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:10 pm

Since I no longer want to have that Jonestown battle tournament, I would like to know how I can introduce people tp the world of water warfare. Please help with this as someone (I think it was Silentguy) said I would be better off getting people in the town to battle against.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:45 pm

You could just have a battle with a few friends...call them over to your house, maybe for an end-of-the-school-year party (I don't do them either) or just for no reason, and suggest that you do a water gun fight. If you have homemades at that point, there's a chance that they'll get interested.

Ask Duxburian about this; he and NiborDude are really doing well at this point in Ridgewood. I'm more into tech at this point, even though I mess around with my water guns just about every day. I could benefit from a discussion in this topic, too...

Prof_Slammin

Post by Prof_Slammin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:07 pm

Duxburian is helping, but I would like to know how did anyone on this forum get a good water fight started.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:22 pm

I'm having trouble too.

I guess step one is to get over the fact that people might laugh at you when you suggest the concept. However, this is dependant on your targeted age group.

Step two is to give them a good reason to join. Powerful weapons, and nice bits of kit will make the difference.

Step three will be to show them what really can be done. Have a battle - pull out some of the stops - you don't want to overwhelm them with one battle, then have no more to show.

Step four: keep them coming. Make sure each time is worth coming for.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

20quid

Post by 20quid » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:22 pm

Try advertising your wars as paintball style, people will be more interested as it removes the 'kiddy' image of soakers. As Silent Guy said homemades will get them interested and I'm sure everyone dreams of a 'hardcore' battle.

First rely on your friends for fights then if they enjoy it they will spread the word and soon you will have a few people willing to fight. Also a rival team does stir up interest.

Try first to have fights will little rules as too many rules at once can leave people feeling restrained, then slwly introduce them over time, a rivalry will also create a need for rules and a scoring system.

Once you get the ball rolling the rest will do itself.
Last edited by 20quid on Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea that there aren't any space aliens. We can't be the best that creation has to offer. I pray we're not all there is. If so, we're in big trouble."-Ellen DeGeneres

Prof_Slammin

Post by Prof_Slammin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:35 pm

This was helpful and I have a very good reason why people might want to do water fights: there's a huge, very hot heatwave going through right know. That must be a good enough reason to do a hardcore war.

Big Boss

Post by Big Boss » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:56 am

Yes, I put the thought into one of my friends heads to have a water gun fight for his birthday. He told me he'd already done that for his 6th birthday, but somehow I convinced him to go on with it. There probably won't be any rules or anything, but a few of us (...er, actually just me and one other person) already go to these forums, and I'm thinking, like several people pointed out, this could start up some interest in the game.