The CFM site

Discussion of other water gun websites.
DX

Post by DX » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:57 am

The team site of the Crescent Forest Militia. Currently there are almost no visitors and the forums are stagnant. I am trying to make the site more mainstream and changing the forum colors to be more appealing. The site will have great stuff:
Modding articles, stream shots, videos, and the only 2100 k-modding article as well as the only article explaining 2100 marks. I also have a list of the soakage network, I am trying to add as many sites as possible. Please take a moment to look around. thanks. CFM.s5.com
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:11 am

Yeah. If anyone wants to check out our site go ahead. It's still under development but it looks cool already. I'm going to be putting a ton of pics of battles, paint jobs, and other stuff.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:18 pm

I've seen it, it's very good, I just have a few recommendations.

Get a better host. I can understand if you are attached to this url, but right now your site is barely known so a url change wouldn't matter much at all. The ads are probably driving people away.

Get a better design. Your current one is effective and all, but not very appealing. A good site with free web templates is oswd.org

Other than adding content, that pretty much is it. You've got a great start.

ZookaForPrez

Post by ZookaForPrez » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:27 pm

Hey, yeah I went to the site, it's a nice looking site. I'll tell you one thing, I could never make one better. :D I especially like your painted guns. Well nice job, bye
Arsenal:

SplashZooka 65 oz.
CPS 4100
CPS 1200 (soon to get)
Max-D 6000
:D

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:01 pm

Thanks, I have a lot of content I want to add to the site. Several articles and tons of pics need to be added. I am also switching hosts to 5gigs in order to get more space and lose the ads. Notice also that if you check the site the forums are being completely ignored. Come on, they aren't that bad!

DX

Post by DX » Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:14 am

<Bump> I have engaged in a VERY SLOW transition process in switching the site. As part of this, both the url's of the site and forums are going to .tk to make it easier to remember them. The forum can be reached at http://www.CFMforum.tk CFM Forums The site will be changed to http://www.CFMwars.tk, but that hasn't been made yet. Please register on the forums! B) [Or at least check them out].

DX

Post by DX » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:40 am

<Another bump> Nibor and I have made the idea of making several new sites, but treating each individual site as a few pages of the main site and linking them all to the forum. Basically, we would have a large composite site made of a bunch of free sites connected to our central forum. We want to have quite a collection of media, from pics of guns to stream shots to tactics videos, to vids of wars, and maybe the first to make video modding instructions. One free site doesn't have the bandwidth to so this, so I suggested making several free sites and treating them as pages. Do you guys think that this approach will work?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:34 pm

I think that would be too complex. I would stick with one site. Most hosts don't let you make multiple accounts anyway, you would have to use different hosts which would look very unprofessional.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:58 pm

It's a nice site, I really like your tactics section.

And If you ever need any graphics help, you know who to call...
I don't check this forum anymore.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Sep 18, 2004 1:44 am

Yup, I'll call Doom.

Anyway, the cfm.s5.com address is dead, so none of that will be updated. Nibor and I figured out how to get around not being able to make more than 1, if we each make one, then we have two with enough bandwidth [hopefully] to run our big files. And for anyone who is going to make video instructions on modding, sorry if you think we stole your idea, but I've been wanting to film k-mod instructions, CVF, nozzle mods, and also painting for a while. Even if we have to have different hosts, I'll find a way to make it look professional. I did after all turn the free, ugly CFM forum into something. My lack of FTP knowledge is also annoying me. I started making a home page from scratch [literally from scratch, it's on Notepad] and I found out I just don't have the time to create from bare HTML. But nothing's impossible, I'll find a way to make this work. B)

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:07 am

Originally posted by Duxburian@Sep 17 2004, 08:44 PM
sorry if you think we stole your idea, but I've been wanting to film k-mod instructions, CVF, nozzle mods, and also painting for a while.
If your talking to me, I Don't care. Im sure others have thought about it before me. I also abondoned the idea after making my first one because no one really needs a video. And if it is to be done, it should be produced in quicktime so that it can be played frame by frame, and easily stop, pause and play, because with a video you Don't have the freedom of time like in an article.

As for html. My site was started just like yours. The time it required didn't bother me much untill school started, and now I Don't have time to create version one.

If you are still finding time (and wanting to) to write html, many kudos to you.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------