Alternative CPS methods

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
SSCBen

Alternative CPS methods

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:22 am

What are your ideas for doing CPS without a bladder?

The one I thought had the most potential would be the spring one, where there basically is a divider and a spring that will push the divider and the water out. I also have thought that this idea can be used so that pumping will be easy and then you release the spring so the pressure can be applied, but now I think that won't work well because it will be too hard to use and make.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:37 pm

I did think of that kind of design before - but a friend thought that springs wouldn't have enough power. I still think it's worth a try, though.

Similarly, high air pressure pushing a divider might work, although it wouldn't be true CPS. If you made it airtight, the air pressure would only need one pump-up from an external pump. Having the air pressure very high might make a soaker with ok range.

Just me rambling on... -_-
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

THIRST

Post by THIRST » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:44 pm

but a friend thought that springs wouldn't have enough power
Than I pity your friend. If anythng, it would be too powerful, and would be waay to hard to pump.

This idea has been brouhgt up several times in the NIC, but no one got around to doing it simply becaue it would be near impossible to prime. If the spring is too weak, it would be hard to prime, no results. If he spring is strong enough, it would be nearly impossible to prime.

THIRST

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Mar 13, 2004 3:58 pm

Oh well, everyone makes mistakes. ^_^

I'll bring it up again with him. I think there's serious potential here for a single-shot water bazooka. B)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:17 pm

I agree with thirst, the spring will likely be too powerful. I know that they make springs either weak or powerful, it's hard to find one inbetween. I bet that if we look long enough we'd find one though... does anyone know a spring selling website?

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:26 pm

DUDE!
your friend is stupid to say that....I have a spring that came off a railroad car it needs at lest 4 tons yea 4 T O N S ! to even get it to start to bend to fully compress it it will need about 15tons

doom you might be able to seal a spring off a shock arobser maybe one far a car pumping might be hard but the pvc can hold the pressure

doom try to look for offroad shock aborbers ;)
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Mar 13, 2004 8:30 pm

you'd need about schedule 80 pvc though....
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:32 am

all you need to bame this work is

1 a piece of pvc piece
2 two caps to seal off each end
3 a spring
4 something for a piston
6some Orings

come on doom your so decated to makeing a cps system im shure can find the parts if you can't get it to work ill give it a try -_- <_<
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:19 pm

I can't believe it! I found a motorcycle's shocks lying in a dump near my house. Maybe I could use it, or maybe it would be too powerful. :unsure: