Separate PC mod?

Threads about water gun modifications.
The Stealthy Panda

Separate PC mod?

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:19 pm

Yeah, I was just wondering, is there some mod I can do to turn a PR into a Separate PC gun?
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:27 pm

It's usually more worth it to do a homemade or buy a sep. PC gun.

However, the closest to this was someone's vaporizer with homemade internals and LRT installed. Look around the articles section of the site for it. (can't find it right now)

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:47 pm

Ben's piston conversion mod turned a Vaporizer into a separate PC gun. However, the Vaporizer is a piston gun, not a PR gun. Croc and mr. dude started a mod of this type to an EES Turbine. There's a bit more info on their site.

However, I agree that in most cases, it's not worth it to convert a PR gun to a separate PC water gun. Which water gun did you have in mind?

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:50 pm

A Max-d 3000. You know, now that I think of it, it wouldn't be too hard, just attach a new reservoir to the pump intake, and use the old reservoir as the PC. Maybe epoxy on the cap or something. :cool:
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue May 01, 2007 12:46 am

That actually sounds like it would work well. But consider the results. You'd have a large PC (large enough to warrant the use of a separate reservoir) sticking out the bottom of the gun, unless you used a backpack - which would have a neat effect.

I don't know how the intake check valve on the Max-D 3000 works, but many systems that pump air have special pumps that take in air from the atmosphere as you pull the pump out. It would be difficult to convert a system like that to take in water. However, if the Max-D 3000 just uses regular check valves, then your idea would work.