Umm, Hi

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
adiventure

Umm, Hi

Post by adiventure » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:15 am

To say I just discovered this site would be a lie, but I have just worked up the resolve to register and ask the questions I have. Soo, my names Adi, im 15, mechanicaly minded, and homeschooled taking classes at the local community college. Having looked over the diffrent homemades and mods (I have a cps 4100, and monster xl [broken, but i might get around to fixing it this summer hopefully, and maybe selling it too]), and finaly opening the case on my cps 4100 (and interestingly not bieng able to find the pc, maybe someone could refer me to a pic?) I think I might give building my own a try. Already having a couple of waterguns, I am interested in building a water balloon launcher, so far I am looking at the Aquatech's 3.2 plans (for portability and hopefull range) but would be interested in anything with I high range, accuracy, and degree of portability. As a secondary interest, I would like to build watergun that could outshoot the guns I have (maybe the Air Pressure Homemade?). So thats me, thanks for any help, this seems like a cool place.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:05 am

Welcome to the Super Soaker Central forums! :)

The CPS 4100's PC is the rubber tube inside the plastic tube. The plastic tube is clear and around 3" in diameter. I'll run downstairs and take a look at my open CPS 4100 if you want me to.

The only pic I know of is in the iSoaker.com Underground. A link to it is somewhat hidden in the flash header on any iSoaker.com page - not allowed to link to it, probably so it won't turn up on searches. Still, you can search Google and find it...

Any water balloon launcher will give you sufficient range. You can't really use the maximum range (500-1000 feet) in war, given battlefield sizes and the accuracy of the launchers. However, more efficient launchers require less pumping.

The APH is a good choice if you want to build a homemade. Also consider constant pressure homemades, which use rubber tubing - they're fairly cheap to build, but you'll have to order latex rubber tubing from a place like McMaster-Carr.

adiventure

Post by adiventure » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:04 pm

Thanks so much for telling where to find the picture, its awesome (along with the 20 other pages I just printed from the site :p ). Is the Launcher I was looking at an OK choice? The other one I found was The Douchenator (?) but it looked sort of better stationary than ever really moving around in a waterfight.. I havnt yet had anysort of official war, more just ambushing friends, and dreams of sitting on my roof an hitting people (or atleast the court) playing basketball down the hill (maybe 300 yards? down a 30% hill?). I'm trying to find figures for that specific launcher, but atleast here it says untested. I am hoping to rig it so I can use a battery powered air compressor (possibly an old nebulizer). Once again thanks for the help and the quick response.
Last edited by adiventure on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:45 pm

Sure, no problem.

The Aquatech launcher is a fine choice. However, take his claims with a grain of salt - no launcher has very good accuracy at range. Still, you could certainly fire all the way to the tennis court, probably being able to hit the court. I don't know.

A nebulizer's air compressor won't reach pressures suitable for a launcher of this type. You want up to 100 PSI (15 PSI is the pressure of regular air); the pump can probably get 20.

The Douchenator is also a good launcher, and much easier to build. If you want, you can use two PVC elbows so that the barrel is parallel to and right over the pressure chamber. That'll make it more compact.

Follow the instructions on the Douchenator article at soakermedia.net to see how to add a Schrader valve. That'll let you use a bike pump. :cool:

Good luck! :)

DX

Post by DX » Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:32 am

The other one I found was The Douchenator (?) but it looked sort of better stationary than ever really moving around in a waterfight..
The 1st version [G1] of the Douchenator was intended to be used as mobile artillery. The short barrel allowed the G1 to function in tight areas, ambushes, and on the run. However, range suffered due to that short barrel. You'd only get up to 500ft of range out of that, but it is the most practical version. The long barrel G2 gets up to about 800, 850ft of range, but at the cost of some mobility. The multi-shot G3 is a better bet, though it has not been documented yet for a building guide.

Douchenator style launchers are very cheap in cost and basic. There are other more complex or more powerful designs worth checking out, mainly over-under style multi-shot launchers, like this example: http://www.isoaker.com/cgi-bin/Ikonboar ... =37;t=2677
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!