My new tank plans

General water gun discussion.
captianfear

My new tank plans

Post by captianfear » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Due to the fact that my first P.O.S. tank is almost complete I have begun to design another tank. Actually plans for an Armored Division. I am currently designing two vehicles: A Main battle tank that is 8 feet by 5 feet and an infantry fighting vehicle which will be 4 feet longer. (an extension for an infantry compartment) These designs are currently in the planning phase and I think i will make a scale model first. I would like to use a bike chain and pedal system to move the back two wheels and a basic steering system for the front. There will be a turret 3 feet in diameter on both models. The MBT will have a crew of 4: A main gunner who operates the main battery, the commander who operates the secondary armament and pedals, the engineer who helps load the main battery and pedals, and a driver who steers and brakes. The IFV will have the same crew. I will be building the frame with 2 by 2s, side amour made of 3/8" plywood and the bottom will be made of 1/2" plywood. The turret will be made of a plastic drum like on my last tank.

Now I have Question about the armament. I would like both models to have the same weaponry but that could change. I was thinking a Super Cannon II as the main battery and a cap system like the one shown on the Uber Soaker and SuperCap with two hoses connected to valves for the enginner and commander to fire. The main gun would be retractable inside the turret for filling and I would add a simple wire to the torque handle for a firing system.

WBL's are too inaccurate and their range is unnecessary for me. If you have a different opinion please post. I would appreciate any suggestions.

http://uploading.com/files/L03AI72M/demsketch.pub.html
Last edited by captianfear on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teh Moron

Re: My new tank plans

Post by Teh Moron » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:15 pm

captianfear wrote:my first P.O.S. tank

Hey, ya finally realized, good job.

Anyway, I'd give up armored water warfare. It simply isn't fun. Tanks are best left to paintball. Although if you must a Douchenator would be nice to use as a main gun. Ranges and accuracy are higher once you get used to them, due to the projectile following a predictable path. Shock and awe.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:09 am

Armored water warfare can still work depending on the kind of environment that's being fought in. It's akin to naval water warfare on the ground. (though a bit slower)

The WBL idea isn't new. A tank would be a good platform to operate a large, demanding WBL due to the fast that everything is in one place and easy to move, and that protection is provided to defend the crew. The Douchenator, however, is a bad idea. Since the tank designs are rather small and cramped, a more flexible design is necessary, and should be hooked up to 1 or 2 "permanent" foot powered bike pumps. (I say 2 so the gunner can basically step back and forth on them to pump) A breech load would also be a very good idea as well as a pull valve or modified sprinkler valve.

Overall, such tanks for water warfare serve more as mobile platforms for heavy weapons and resupply. I see it more as that than has a mobile fortress/base. While an armored division may move slowly, they pack a lot of firepower and may be difficult to attack if well organized.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:52 pm

My only attempt at an armoured vehicle in water warfare ended disastrously. It was a raft, with a frame covered in fabric on it. It capsized.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

captianfear

Post by captianfear » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:08 am

Teh Moron wrote:Hey, ya finally realized, good job.

Anyway, I'd give up armored water warfare. It simply isn't fun. Tanks are best left to paintball. Although if you must a Douchenator would be nice to use as a main gun. Ranges and accuracy are higher once you get used to them, due to the projectile following a predictable path. Shock and awe.
I dont like its looks, It was made from junk so its obviously not going to look like an M1 Abrams. I still like it along with the original concept of armoured warfare. I retain my original opinon. I used cheap material. I am planning a better one. You obviously have your opinion but the people in my area that have water wars think its a great idea.
Last edited by captianfear on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.