Why I just ordered a Hydro Blast...

General water gun discussion.
DJIA305

Why I just ordered a Hydro Blast...

Post by DJIA305 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:07 pm

Last week I bought a Flash Flood, an Arctic Blast and a CPS2500 off Ebay. Oh, and 2 of them Aqua backpacks.

After trying them all out (and having a crazy water/shaving cream fight on the last day of camp [about 200 kids!]), I felt the best deal was having the Flash Flood and the 2500.

I really liked the AB, but I paid retail for it ($20) at Target, whereas I bought the FF for $10 on clearance (NOTE: the FF is now on clearance at Target for $5!!!!). Now, this is where the HB comes in to play.

I was browsing Amazon.com and came across this:
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Soaker-Aqua ... 524&sr=8-2

So for just a few bucks more I can have this mammoth of a water gun! Yes, I know it is quite cumbersome, but I am about 6'2" and weigh around 305 lbs or so. This gun wouldn't be a problem for me to lug around.

And after watching a few vidz of it on Youtube, I determined that the riot blast *seems* comparable to that of the AB riot blast except for the fact that you can shoot 4 - 7 blasts in rapid succession! The stream also lasted aroun 20 seconds!!! So now, I can hook up a Aqua backpack to it and shoot kids FOREVER!!!!

I know this gun gets a lot of flack, but for big dudes like me that want to squirt kids for quite sometime before reloading, I think this was a great choice. I can't wait to get it in the mail!!!!!

PS if you want a HB for a good low price, click the link posted above. There's only 2 left!!!!
It's only $22.95 plus $7.95 shipping! And look for Flash Floods at Target for only $5!!!! :eek:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***New to Super Soaking!*** Arsenal: SS Arctic Blast (nevermind I just returned it), SS Flash Flood, SS Max Infusion BackPack x 2, SS CPS 2500, SS Hydro Blitz.

cantab

Re: Why I just ordered a Hydro Blast...

Post by cantab » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:36 pm

I believe the bursts are each only about half that of the FF/AB. Also, the way the gun works hurts their power.

The styling is unconventional, which will probably end up being a love-it-or-hate-it thing.

You say carrying it won't be a problem. That's true, but even so, a heavier gun will restrict your mobility more.

In general, comparably sized older guns, like most of the old CPS range, will outrange and probably outsoak it. They'll also probably be more durable. However, the Hydroblitz can be had new and cheaper.

Against the rest of your arsenal, the Hydroblitz will probably be only an even match to the FF and AB, and will lose to the 2500 unless the 2500 user runs out of water.

Personally, if I saw one fairly cheap I'd possibly get it. However it's not a gun I'm particularly looking for. From the currently available guns I want the Water Warriors Orca; I missed a chance to get it cheap :-(
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

swirlycurly

Post by swirlycurly » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:44 pm

i just bought the water warriors orca last week at kmart i think and it was $15

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:56 pm

I'm in England. So no kmart.

And, for that matter, it would seem no Hydroblitz either :-( I've found no references to it on UK sites, so I suspect it was not released over here.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

DJIA305

Post by DJIA305 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:58 pm

^^^
That's definitely a brand I need to look into HOWEVER I refuse to step foot into a Kmart. Here in Miami Kmarts are absolutely DECREPIT they are a disaster!

However, for $15 I am willing to brave through my fears and pick up a Water Warriors soaker, since I have heard nothing but good comments from this up-and-coming brand.

For $5 though I higly recommend everyone go out and buy one of the best guns of 2007!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***New to Super Soaking!*** Arsenal: SS Arctic Blast (nevermind I just returned it), SS Flash Flood, SS Max Infusion BackPack x 2, SS CPS 2500, SS Hydro Blitz.

Specter

Post by Specter » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:37 am

They have Water Warriors at WalMart (at least by me here in NJ) Maybe you can look there instead of at Kmart (Kmart here in NJ isn't great either :-( )
I never saw them in WalMart until this spring when I was buying Rock Band for PS3.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

DJIA305

Post by DJIA305 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:53 am

I went to Walmart the other da, and the only WW they had were some tiny criket-loooking guns. They had quite a few Banzai guns, but they looked extra crappy.

I HATE Kmart!

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:34 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Yeah, store appearance/maintenance varies by location. I don't even touch Circuit City or Office Depot here, but they're sinking ships everywhere.

You'll definitely make an impact with a HydroBlitz, like a Heavy in Team Fortress 2. :cool:

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:46 pm

Given your (DJIA305) current arsenal, a couple of good small pistols (ie less than a foot long) would be worth getting. The Max-D 2000 is good but breaks too easily. The XP 220 is a bit lacking in power; the XP 215 even more so but is tiny. I'd say the small Water Warriors guns are probably the best (well, the Sting Ray at least) since they combine power and reliability.
Arsenal:

chadleyj

Post by chadleyj » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:02 pm

I partly agree however I bought a stingray and after a few days of use the pump cap snapped right off? I was so surprised, it was cgeap, although the gun did have great range for its size while it lasted.
My Arsenal: Max-D 6000; Max-D 3000(x2), Max infusion secret strike(x4), Flash Flood; Arctic Blast; XP 215.

DJIA305

Post by DJIA305 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:31 pm

For sure I totally agree with cantab. My next choices will be the smaller guns, preferably by WW. One of my campers had one that fit almost like a snub nose in my hand, and I was pretty shocked at the output! Unfortunately he didn't remember the name of the gun and stickers on it were gone.

Something like that would be excellent to keep loaded in a utility belt.

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:31 pm

Oh dear...that's not good. The gun felt pretty robust to me. You could always have returned it to the shop and got a new one. Though I don't know US consumer law and whether that would work.
Arsenal:

coolocat

Post by coolocat » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:50 pm

cantab wrote:I'm in England. So no kmart.

And, for that matter, it would seem no Hydroblitz either :-( I've found no references to it on UK sites, so I suspect it was not released over here.
I've also never seen the hydroblitz here in Ireland it was probably never released in the UK or Ireland not sure about other european countries as I've seen a few crop up on German ebay. I anyone would have had them it would have been argos as they had all the aquashock range except the hydroblitz.

As for a decent pistol I would recommend the xp 240 or the ss liquidator. :)