Repairing a CPS 2500

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Spinner

Repairing a CPS 2500

Post by Spinner » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:18 pm

Well, today I got hold of my HWO's broken CPS 2500 and opened it up. At the moment, when you try to pump it, it just loses its pressure.

Once I opened it, I loaded it and pumped it a bit to see where the problem might lie. It looks as if the water is simply not being stopped by the trigger valve of something as it simply leaks through the trigger.

And here is where I need help. Do you think I'm on the right track here? And if so, what can I do to fix it?

And looking at Neobird's pictures of the internals...the bit I think might be at fault is purple in his picture...but for some reason is white in mine.

Help please!
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:57 am

People have said before that his 2500 is the wrong color on the inside, it's nothing really.

It sounds like your doing fine. Take apart the trigger valve and if possible take pictures and the diagnosis will come faster and more accurately.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:46 pm

the water leaks out of the nozzle?

*try to plug something in the nozzle and pump that way if it leaks elce wheres you can see it*

we need to know maore about the gun before im certen thats whats whong -_-
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

MatrixSoaker

Post by MatrixSoaker » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:09 am

I have a problem with my CPS 2500, but it's not leakage- it's my trigger, which is broken.

Do you think I could just ask someone to repair it- or is it gone for good?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:44 am

You could fix it yourself. Here is the article that has been on the site for months on repairing your trigger.

Maybe you could send it to me and I could fix it. I would charge money though, I need it to pay for the hosting and homemades. It would be worth it though.

MatrixSoaker

Post by MatrixSoaker » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:38 pm

Okay, thanks for the help. I'm not sure if I can find my trigger- do you know anywhere that sells extra triggers?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:46 pm

No, extra triggers are not being sold by anyone. Maybe you could take one off another soaker.