Leaving the Online Community (Not Quiting Water Warfare)

General water gun discussion.
captianfear

Leaving the Online Community (Not Quiting Water Warfare)

Post by captianfear » Mon May 24, 2010 10:29 pm

I have been a part of this community for 2 years now. After I had just joined I realized that the community was already degraded and it used to be better but I missed that time. Now, over the past year it has became clear to me all the community is now a few older players, which is not a problem, and a large amount of noobs who think they know what they are talking about. I do not have a problem with noobs, nor do I consider myself an expert but the quality of these forums has gone down the toilet. There is nothing to be gained by checking in on these forums as all i will find will be stupid speculation threads or mainly just question threads being answered by noobs who have no idea what they are talking about. If there were actual organized wars going on there would be something to talk about but this is not the case. I will make it clear that I am not quiting water warfare as I still enjoy it but I will not be posting or visiting any forums about this topic. Another factor was the closing of the old Isoaker.net forums which were alot more tight nit then this.

C-A_99

Re: Leaving the Online Community (Not Quiting Water Warfare)

Post by C-A_99 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:40 pm

But if you stay, you get free cookies if you're using auto-login... (Ok, bad pun, sorry.)

Right now the weather's just starting to warm up again and people are getting out of school so it's no surprise that people aren't having wars yet. And if you got something to correct someone on, go ahead and do it, or just ignore the thread. Communities can't build without participation even if it's annoying "what scope can I put on the Shot Blast" threads. There's still some building going on in the homemade forums too, and in time the war reports will come in.

Have you done any of the RP's? There's one going on right now and I made quite a map for it, though I originally was going to create the map for scenarios.

captianfear

Post by captianfear » Tue May 25, 2010 9:48 pm

I am not doing a rp. I am leaving these boards and I'm serious. I do not need to go on them to enjoy water warfare.

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Wed May 26, 2010 8:33 pm

If you're so huffy about "stupid threads" and how you don't need to be here to enjoy water warfare, then leave. No-one's stopping you. In fact, what point are trying to prove by posting this?

Personally, I think that there's a lot to discuss about water wars, and most threads are interesting and different, not "full of noobs".
My Current Soaker Loadout: CPS 2500, SC 500, 1 x Water Balloon

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Wed May 26, 2010 9:30 pm

I second that opinion, and also point out that when noobs post, they will learn from the more experienced players. Even the more experienced people learn new things from time to time.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

Teh Moron

Post by Teh Moron » Wed May 26, 2010 9:51 pm

People who post that they are leaving are just trying to gain attention. One good way to deal with them is to pay them none. :p

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed May 26, 2010 11:26 pm

I'm pretty sure Captain Fear is just pointing out that he's leaving.

Specter

Post by Specter » Thu May 27, 2010 5:27 am

I have been lacking activity and probably won't be posting much anymore either. I've been busy with college, and now I'm probably going to be doing more with paintball or might pick up airsoft to go along with it. I may also be getting a job which will take up most of my time the rest of the summer, as well as being out of state for a couple weeks in Missouri for a wedding.

Another thing taking up quite a bit of my time is that I'm an active emergency services member (OEM, since august 09) and I'm busy with traffic/work details/emergency calls. In fact I have work/traffic details this Sunday and Monday.

For me it's not that I'm fed up with the community, it's just that I don't really have the time for it any more.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

TheTyphoon

Post by TheTyphoon » Thu May 27, 2010 4:13 pm

See, what Specter posted above is a normal "goodbye" post, i.e. not complaining about noobs or hating the community, or rendering them redundant because he can enjoy water warfare without it.
My Current Soaker Loadout: CPS 2500, SC 500, 1 x Water Balloon

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri May 28, 2010 8:15 pm

captainfear, I'm sorry to hear that you are leaving the online community, but thanks for sticking around as long as you had. We'll be here if you decide to come back.

I see more of these types of threads than serious suggestions, which to me is disappointing. Please, if you have problems, let me know.
After I had just joined I realized that the community was already degraded and it used to be better but I missed that time.
Actually, I've read something along these lines nearly every year. And it's not because the community is declining.

These threads have a tendency to degenerate into flame wars, so I'm going to lock it now as the point of the OP has been made. Thanks for staying civil guys.