Advice For An Upcoming Water War

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Viscen Django

Advice For An Upcoming Water War

Post by Viscen Django » Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:11 pm

Not to sound inexperienced, but I need help with an upcoming water war against my father. He generally uses a Flash Flood, and I generally use a Vaporizer with a shield. No matter how much I drench him, he always manages to get up close, get his gun behind my shield, and shoot me. How do I counter this?

Again, sorry if I sound... inexperienced.

-\\-Hraesvelgr-//- Sivayth Prioritus

DX

Post by DX » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:36 am

First of all, I would ditch the shield. Just using the Vaporizer opens up your real-time options in a battle. Don't let your dad get up close. Manuever away and if you have to flee, don't run in a straight line, which makes it more difficult to pursue. Just keep moving. Setting up an ambush would also be a good idea. If you have quick reflexes, you could dodge most of the shots taken at you. Basically, the best counter to his strategy would be to ditch the shield and deny him the opportunity to get close via your constant motion.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:50 pm

I agree with Dux. Using a shield with a vaporizer only decraeses the amounts of shots you can get off since it's piston powered. Hide behind trees and stuff instead.

Storm

Post by Storm » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:19 am

In my opinion... never use a shield bud... It always turns out horrible. It's hard enough to handle any gun, piston powered or not with 2 hands let alone 1.

You say he drenches you. Ask him to have a 1 hit kill game. They're always more fun and require alot more tactics. Hey anyone can run up and soak another person, get soaked themselves, yell and scream and prance around and it's fun, I got nothing against it, but not much strategy if you ask me. So like I said, ask for a 1 hit kill game, I'm sure you'll have a much better chance at winning.

Hope I helped.
Storm

LIGHT ANNIHILATOR

Post by LIGHT ANNIHILATOR » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:21 am

Storm wrote: You say he drenches you. Ask him to have a 1 hit kill game. They're always more fun and require alot more tactics. Hey anyone can run up and soak another person, get soaked themselves, yell and scream and prance around and it's fun, I got nothing against it, but not much strategy if you ask me. So like I said, ask for a 1 hit kill game, I'm sure you'll have a much better chance at winning.
Hope I helped.

True but it would require alot more skill to win a soakfest with a vaporizer.
Playstation 3: Check the Consumer Elecronic Show (CES) early next month for more PS3 info, and possible confirmation of a release date

mr_fan

Post by mr_fan » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:22 pm

uh, you know, if there would be more people, you would have a better chance, trust me, I know your dad, but, as in any case, time which times you move, if you keep movin all day, you'll wind up on the ground panting, while geting drenched. somthing else also, moving downhill is alot more easy then going up hill, try getting on top of a hill at the begining of the "war," not onley will it be harder for your dad to get up, but you can easyly get awway, FAST! as well as that, it doesn't hurt to have a few booby traps along the way up hill. ;)
Last edited by mr_fan on Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you may call me fan, mr_fan.

DX

Post by DX » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:22 pm

I would work on your spelling and grammer if I were you-it is honestly terrible. I also believe that the original problem presented in this topic had been solved a while ago.

Topic locked. [Well, consider it locked until I find that option]

There we go.
Last edited by DX on Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!