A Good Day

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:46 pm

This week I've got one new homemade complete, 2 on the way and my new homemade backpack coming up. The complete homemade is like Leftovers, just with more Leftover parts. To make it I used part of my modded Vaporizer (I'll get that working later), my CPS 2700's nozzle (the gun wasn't very useful anymore due to maintenance, so the parts are getting used), a few parts the original Leftovers, the failed Treshold gun and some new stuff like some crazy hose things. It's cooler and better than the original Leftovers. I'll just call it Leftovers again because it practically is the same gun, just done better this time.

One of the other 2 homemades is something I wanted to do ever since I finished Ol' Bessie (my air pressure gun). It's a single chamber version of it. It will be shorter, take less pumps and should have similar performance, just with a shorter shot time. The PC still will be about 750 ml, fairly large still, but half of Ol' Bessie's 1.5 liter PC. Ol' Bessie is a beast, and I'm very proud of her. This smaller one should get the same 55 foot range, and half the pumps!

The other is what's left of that crazy Threshold gun I was making months ago. I redid the CPS chamber and the general design. It could use a larger internal diameter (it's 1/2"), but it's what was lying around. I'll eventually make a larger internal diameter version. Now it's going to be like a bazooka, shoulder mounted was the best design I could come up with limited pieces and a huge CPS chamber. It looks fairly badass that way, I just need to glue it together. I'm not sure about the performance of thise baby, the PC is about 1/2" thick, it might just be a little crazy (more like hard to pump&#33 ;) .

The backpack is made out of PVC. The store didn't have everything I needed, so I had to improvise on a lot of the design. I've got it made so you have to fill it at an angle with a hose attachment or by taking it apart a bit and filling it that way (the normal non-QFD way).

These developments should prove to be very useful on the battlefield. Especially the backpack, this one should be really good. I might add a towel for padding on that, and the CPS gun. :D

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:55 pm

Aww that's sad you're using your 2700 parts! From what I have read that was the most awesomest, moddedest gun ever! Isn't Leftovers the Splashzooka-like gun? Also, I would like to add that it is amazing how you can just easily put together all of these guns! I haven't even made my first homemade, a PR gun, and already things aren't really going too great for it. Where do you get the cps tubing for your guns? I haven't really looked for them at any home improvement stores or hardware stores, but it just seems too perfect...too good to be true for them to be being sold. This summer I will probably make a few homemades, if I am satisfied with my PR homemade.

Soak on (homemade style for doom),
blaze

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:23 am

you can get good CPS tubing at mcmaster. Or you can get bad 1/4" stuff a Lowes. Or you can go to Miclindens(sp?) and get a 1/2"-3/8"-1/4" and fit them all inside eachother. (use mcmaster)
I didn't bother buying online, so for my homemade, I just used innertubing. Mine is about 2 feet long, and has 4 layers, which provides preformance equal to most bladder CPS guns. I recommend 8 or more, I just havn't gotten around to adding more. I don't think I will, since the ergonomics(sp?) of the gun are horrible. I'm going to try an air pressure before I go back to CPS homemades.

Nice homemades Doom! Where do you get the money for your homemades? I keep trying to save up, and it gets spent on something else somehow. (like paints for my 1500)

EDIT: at mcmaster; search for latex rubber tubing I think ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:28 pm

Since I don't have a job (and there are none open in my town) I typically get most of my money from relatives for my birthday and other events. Then I go to the store and spend more than I should have, and my parents are like "that's ok" and pay the $10 or so dollars I needed.

Also, my 2700 will be functional again eventually. I just don't have the epoxy or time to fix it.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:46 pm

Double post, but my post cout already is like 150 higher than it should be so I guess it doesn't matter.

I just completed the single chamber air pressure gun. It is about 6 inches shorted (will measure exactly later), takes half the pumps (as expected) and for some reason seems more powerful. I need to do more tests to find out why, I expected the 2 chamber one to be more powerful. I think it might be more powerful (based on the recoil) because the gun is lighter.

blaze

Post by blaze » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:40 pm

Isn't that ironic Doom because my post count is about 150 posts lower than it should be (*cough*FIX IT!*cough*).

I think that I am going to make a homemade in the way of Doom's (I gave up my Pressurized Reserve idea) except with 3 or 4 PCs and they will be bigger, so the PC will hold about 3-4 liters. It will weigh a TON and will kill any other soaker on the field (but don't worry Blue I'm not going to make it for a while). Also, can you post some pics of your guns? And what I'm really hoping for are some pics of the shots from your guns.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:55 pm

Originally posted by blaze@Jun 21 2004, 11:40 AM
Isn't that ironic Doom because my post count is about 150 posts lower than it should be (*cough*FIX IT!*cough*).
I did that so you couldnt change your member title. yes, I do remember how many I subtracted. but besides, he's banned now so it doesn't matter (at least for a little while). and doom, with all the mods and repairs you've done, is it REALLY a 2700(0) anymore?
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:13 pm

Well it's got the same internals as it did originally. Just made better. ;)