Renegade pressure release valve?

Threads about water gun modifications.
AROCK

Renegade pressure release valve?

Post by AROCK » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:47 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum and this is my first post :D

I have a question. I have attached a picture of the inside of my Water Warriors Renegade and put a red box around where I think is the pressure release valve. Can any one more experienced in mods confirm this or at least take an educated guess and let me know if I am correct?

I appreciate it.

Arock
Attachments
Renegade Pressure release.JPG

martianshark

Re: Renegade pressure release valve?

Post by martianshark » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:27 pm

The PRV is probably somewhere around there. It's likely that's it, but I'm not completely positive.

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:39 pm

Welcome to the forums Arock!

Yep, that looks like the PRV. You'd need to cut in the middle of the thinner bits on either side of the fatter bit in the red box and fill the holes with screws or epoxy or something.

I'm not an expert on this though, so wait for a second opinion.
I'm a dude

AROCK

Post by AROCK » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Thanks for the replies martianshark and Fredcompany. I think i will cut it out and fill it with some putty epoxy and see how it works.

If it breaks i can always get another one cheap as they are on clearance right now :D

AROCK

Post by AROCK » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:32 am

Well I did the mod and removed the PRV and it works good. I can pump it up until I can't physically pump any more. It really improves the power of the largest nozzle and removes all dead space in the PC. All water leaves the PC now and no need to prime the gun any more. This thing fires pretty fast now as well but the shot time is low. It shoots about as far as my stock vindicator. All in all, I'm glad I did the mod. :D