12K > 10K

Threads about water gun modifications.
DX

12K > 10K

Post by DX » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:34 am

I finished a 40 balloon K to my 2nd CPS 1000, so I decided to test it against a comparable gun, a 35 balloon 12K.

The 10K shot 44' and 9" vs 44' and 8" for the 12K. In my book, neither gun shoots farther, as the 3 shot averages are too close. The ranges did not surprise me though, as I was looking at more than just range.

The 10K didn't handle its power as well as the 12K. The 10K was acting like a heavier K: Much less water, very compact stream, impressive speed, axed shot time. The 12K on the otherhand was acting like a lighter K: negligible loss of water, nice juicy stream, good speed, intact shot time. The balloon amounts were very close, so the results should have been very similar if the guns were of equal stock power. You want the gun to perform like it's a lighter mod, not a heavier one, when the mod is borderline moderate. If it performs lighter than it is, it would be amazing with heavy power mods.

The 12K managed 26 pumps before the PRV kicked in. I don't know how many pumps the 10K took - the pump shrieked on every stroke. During one practice shoot, I pumped it 10 times, then the next 20, 30, 40, and 50. Could not tell when the PRV kicked in. I do know that the 10K pc never hit the walls - the pump freezes up when that happens. The 12K hit the walls at 26, which is what you want to happen, you want to know when the pc is full or if it can get full.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!