Team Site

Discussion of other water gun websites.
Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:58 am

Hey, I was wondering if you guys could give me feedback on my team's site. I'm updating it right now and I'm trying to think of ways to make it better. If anyone would like to write some reviews or articles, I'd really appreciate it. There's a link to our team forum, if you want to post to the team or talk with other members and stuff. They're moderately isolationist though so don't expect too much. We had a crisis a week or so ago, and a lot of the more recent posts have to do with that. I would appreciate any input however, since no one ever has any.

Thanks,
Belisaurius

**EDIT** oops.... I guess a URL would be kinda necessary to access the site Hey, that's funny. :rolleyes:

http://waterbridge.4t.com/
Victory to Unit 1!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:20 pm

Design is ok, what you need is more content. Don't expect people to write your site for you. While SSC is a site where many of the articles are made by people other than the staff, I think I've made about half of the articles, and there's like 130 of them. Once you start writing it comes more naturally.

Btw, I do have a lot of the Aquatica iB and the Aquatica ezboard saved. And I mean like 300 topics from the iB and 250 from the ezboard. All of it is rather large, at least 50 megs big, so I don't think I can give it to you. Too bad, but if you want a specific topic, ask me and I'll see if I have it or can get it.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:15 am

that sounds great! I was looking for one of our old war stories that might be there. the topic would be something like "the Judean civil war" and I was looking for another one probably titled "the imperial battle manual"

odd titles but waterbridge was a bit of a mess. I'm in the process of writing a few articles. with mobility being so important in our next war over here, I want to try and give some in depth data on it. thanks for the feedback!
Victory to Unit 1!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:45 am

Ok, I'll look for them.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:00 am

I just finished writing the article... check it out on the new article page! please let me know if you think I screwed something up so I can fix it
Victory to Unit 1!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Feb 28, 2004 4:20 pm

I haven't read the entier thing, but it sounds good, I'll have to read it later.

http://www.sscentral.net/ibm/

That's all I could recover that you may want. Not much, but it's ok.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:26 pm

Thanks! I'm working on another article about applying deductive and inductive reasoning in battle when you can't be entirely sure. we'll see how it goes, I guess.

**EDIT** done hehehe
Victory to Unit 1!

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:34 pm

doom what formats are the topics in? and try compressing them
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:44 pm

The topics were saved from the Aquatica iB in IE. IE distorted them quite a bit. I don't think I should compress them, they don't take up much space so it's not necessary.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:45 pm

hmmm... after I finish my homemade I'll be able to add some tech data

I think my next article will be on using distance and range and tactics for combatting long range and short range attackers. kind of a traditional topic over here Hey, that's funny.

**EDIT** or not... I have a lot of research to do in this topic before I could write a reasonably good article. I have the basic ideas, but not the proof or examples to back it.
Victory to Unit 1!