Water Warriors Rip Tide (Orca rename?)

General water gun discussion.
cantab

Water Warriors Rip Tide (Orca rename?)

Post by cantab » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Tesco Direct, in the UK, are selling a 'new' Water Warrior, the Rip Tide. So far as I can tell it's a renamed and recoloured Orca. (I know the online description mentions the Renegade, but that's a mistake - I have the physical catalogue, with both blasters listed).

£30 is expensive, but possibly come summer there'll be a 'special offer', or it'll show at other retailers.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Re: Water Warriors Rip Tide (Orca rename?)

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:49 pm

They didn't bother to change anything other than the name on the box, so you still see "Orca" in the pictures...

While we're at it, I should squash the rumor that the Vindicator isn't available this year. It's part of the 2010 releases just like the Vanquisher and it's box even mentions the Vanquisher.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm not hopeful about the Vindicator's availability in the UK mind. And even less hopeful for the Vanquisher.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Interesting, cantab. How many WWs are going to be available this year, I wonder?
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:31 pm

I saw a lot of Pulse and Performance series at Meijer when I got the Vindicator, including the Pulse Master and Equalizer. I also saw the new Kwik Grips and Stingrays while SS had the Shot Blast and Iron Man (Arctic Blast re-release) though I don't recall what else I saw. It was either the Hydro Fury or Rattler. However, some of the BBT stuff may have been leftovers from last year but it doesn't seem like it.