WW Cricket VS Hornet

General water gun discussion.
Kimura

WW Cricket VS Hornet

Post by Kimura » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Just thought I'd ask if anyone has tested the two back to back, or knows if there's any differences besides the cosmetics. The Cricket is the Hornet with a slightly different exterior, this I know, but I was wondering if anything internally was changed.

How's the durability of these things?

I've used the Hornet before and thought it was a nice gun for it size..I especially like the way it looks. Toys R Us has a Cricket 2 pack for$10 so I'm thinking of picking a pack up. Would be nice to get a couple small backups.

soakernerd

Re: WW Cricket VS Hornet

Post by soakernerd » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Get it! As far as I know, they are the same thing. Hornets are fantastic, I greatly prefer them over the max-d equivalent. I don't think it has a pressure gauge, but they still make good backups.
Also, Twin-Packs are always helpful. I have had quite a bit of fun during 2-person duels using PR blasters. The equal range and power makes you rely on skill more.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, hornets are probably the most durable guns I have used. when I first got them, I left them sitting outside all year. they were covered with mold when I retreived them, but after a quick toweling off, they worked perfectly, and are my favorite backup for my Vindicator/Vanquisher.
note: I do not advise leaving your guns outside! just because they might still work doesn't make it a good idea.

Kimura

Post by Kimura » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Well I picked up a 2 pack from toys R Us today.

Some cost cutting has gone on. The Crickets on the site...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3098977

...clearly show a pressure gauge, but the ones at the store do not have a gauge. However they feel nice and sturdy, both worked well and fired good, so for $10 I can't complain for two good small guns.

First new waterguns I've bought in a few years. Toys R Us' selection sucks overall though, The had the bottle shot, which is tiny, the Hydro Fury, and the Shot Blast. that was it for Super Soakers. They didn't have any water warriors. The CricketsI got has a name called "Sizzlin' Cool" or something like that. however the Cricket logo as well as the WW logo above the name are the same, and Toys R Us lists them a Water Warriors. I guess it's just was Toys R Us class their "exclusive" line. They had a Sting Ray, Shark,a nd Firefly, as well as a smaller, piston knockoff of the Monster X, and a few other things.

I also went to Target. They had the bottle Shot, Shot Blast, Helix, Vanquisher, Renegade, and Equalizer, as well as that Banzai Twin Barrel Blaster and the Stream Color Blaster. It's a pity those Banazi guns are useless, as they look very nice.
Last edited by Kimura on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ncog

Post by ncog » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:08 am

Sting Rays are well worth picking up, as well as the Vanquisher and Equalizer!

The Shark is also an excellent piston gun, better than anything SS has put out that I've tried.