NEED HELP BUYING

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
kvdude

NEED HELP BUYING

Post by kvdude » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:49 pm

Hello everyone :D im new to the super soaker thing as i have only just got
got into them

here is my current collection:
XP 270 needs fixing
vaporizer LOL
shield blaster 4000
water warriors steady stream
plus 2 red blasters that have no label ??

anyway i live in the UK and it is very difficult to get hold of super soakers here does anyone have any suggestions as to what i should try (eBay is really bad here except for a cps 2000 selling for a A FIVER OMG :eek: )

SSCBen

Re: NEED HELP BUYING

Post by SSCBen » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:03 pm

Welcome to SSC!

Read this guide for a detailed summary of how to find discontinued water guns. Finding discontinued water guns for reasonable prices is difficult anywhere. Most everything involves luck at this point unless you're willing to buy a broken water gun to repair.

kvdude

Post by kvdude » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:22 pm

Kl thx ben!!! :D :D :) :cool:

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:23 pm

The guide on this site is probably more US oriented.

UK eBay gets a trickle of soakers. There were a whole bunch recently: 2 CPS 3000's, 2 1500s, a lot of 3 more 1500s sold together, and a couple 1700s. They went for more than I wanted to pay, but not extortionate prices. And yes there's the 2000 you noticed. That will go for a lot more; I'd be astonished if it was less than £50.

Some of the current guns are reasonable. The Orca is probably the best; the Tiger Shark and Arctic Blast are also good. Also the Flash Flood - discontinued but often shows on eBay. Any of those four should outdo your current collection.

Larger Tescos will have the Tiger Shark on shelf, though it is often out of stock. You can buy the Orca (and others for that matter) from Tesco online; they charge a fixed delivery no matter what you buy (so wait until you're getting other stuff as well). Both those will only cost about a fiver.

Since Argos went and brought out their "autumn-winter" catalogue a couple of weeks ago, I don't know any bricks-and-mortar stores selling the Arctic Blast.

John Lewis sell water guns, though mostly the smaller ones. Toys-R-us also mainly small ones (and they appear to have got water warriors rebranded as 'Stats Splash')

The most common at present in the UK seem to be Lanard's guns. Many of them are piston pumpers, but there are some pressurised guns with these weird cranks on the side. The Entertainer has them. I've no idea how they perform. If you do get one, a review would be very welcome.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

kvdude

Post by kvdude » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:24 pm

im trying to get some normal super soakers but its very difficult in the UK as all attention has gone to the USA

kvdude

Post by kvdude » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:29 pm

thx for the guide cantab (last commet was posted alittle late LOL) yer water warriors have a good range for the UK buyer buy the only one i could find was the steady stream as all the rest are out of stock, the main gun i am looking for is the flash flood, i have seen a good deal at Paramountzone.com for £9.95 but it is always out of stock

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:33 pm

If you are getting the Flash Flood, get the Max Infusion version if possible (its orange). That lets you connect the aquapacks, either 1.5 or 3l; the latter pretty much triples your water capacity.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:57 am

If you can, look around your local area. You never really know what you'll find! I though that they discontinued the Flash Flood until I saw it in Target last month. Many guns are out there; all you have to do to get them is look around and find them first! It's that simple.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.