Does anyone watch Adult Swim?

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
T.U.M.E.G.

Does anyone watch Adult Swim?

Post by T.U.M.E.G. » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:15 am

anybody watch adult swim is so tell me and whats your favorite show

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:13 am

No - I don't watch it. I have no idea what it is - I assume it's not broadcast in the UK, at least on free to view.

My favourite show - the one I watch most regularly is the Simpsons, but there are some others that I enjoy more, but are only on rarely.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Prof_Slammin

Post by Prof_Slammin » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:45 am

I watch Adult Swim and favorite show is Family Guy or Fullmetal Alchemist.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:30 pm

@ joannaardway: Adult swim is basically a category for shows that contain inappropriate content, and it's probably a term only used in the United States even if you have such shows.

@ the topic: I don't watch it.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:50 pm

Adult Swim is a late night block show broadcasting (as far as I know) in the USA and Canada late at night, usually from 11:00AM-4:00AM EST. Shows include comedy shows like:
American Dad
Robot Chicken (favorite)
Harvey and Bird man
The Gary Coleman show (boo)
Space Ghost Coast to Coast

But what makes Adult Swim popular is it's late night anime block. Anime is Japanese Animation, "cartoons" you could say for an older audience. In Japan, whats considered appropriate for 7-10 year olds is appropriate for later teenagers here. Shows include:

Cowboy Bebop (classic)
Samurai Champloo
Super Milk Chan (currently not airing)
FullMetal Alchemist (favorite)
Inuyasha (getting boring fast)
Dragonball GT (currently not airing)

and a ton of other titles. Sometimes Adult Swim runs movies all night, such as Anime OVAs like Spirited Away, or some other movie, for example I have seen them air Kiki's Delivery Service (classic). Check it out, but be warned that this program is aired LATE because it is not suitable for kids under the age of 17. Enjoy