Smash a car window?

General water gun discussion.
SSCBen

Smash a car window?

Post by SSCBen » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:45 pm

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&l ... 26rnum%3D1

I haven't had time to read all of it. If it doesn't work due to sessions, just do a Google Groups search for Super Soaker. It's the first thing (at least at the time of my search).

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:54 pm

I skimmed it, and I must say they are all complete IDIOTS. I Don't think even a CPS 2000 blast could break it, and were talking the most powerful. And no, that was not an invitation to try it out :P

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:58 pm

I have done everything I could with a soaker trying to break a window and, it isn't logical. And that putting something on the nozzle thing is just a load of XPBackfire-esque. You can barely shoot a nerf dart without intensively modding a soaker. The only thing that should raise a few eyebrows is the whole deal where the window is hot from the sun and the soaker shoots cold water at it making it break/crack.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:02 pm

You would have to freeze the water, or make it ice cold, which would damage the soaker. Plus, the window would have to be somewhere in Florida or south California to be that hot.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:20 am

I think the kid got off. And this was in 95. Nothing out then could of done this. BTW, I've shot a car window with my new cps 2000 :P and it wasn't even close to breaking it.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

ChaosKnight

Post by ChaosKnight » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:15 am

of course you can break windows with a super soaker, just reinforce it with metal or something then smack it repeatedly until the glass gives way.

oh you meant with the water... no I Don't think a water blast will break a car window. a fire hose might, but a super soaker has nowhere near that pressure.
http://xs7.xs.to/pics/04512/sig2.jpg
-whoamg, I can't put ANY anime girl in my sig without doom deleting it. =\

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:46 am

Nothing short of a fire hose could break a car window with water if you ask me... Doom, try firing your APH on riot blast at a window. I doubt even that would come close to breaking it.
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:06 pm

My WBL would be the only thing that would come close to breaking a window, shooting a water balloon 150-200 feet at 90 PSI. Thing is, it's not a water gun, so it doesn't qualify.

EDIT: Whoops, I pressed the 'Post Now' button before I got to finish it.
I don't check this forum anymore.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:38 pm

Originally posted by Dark Elite@Oct 26 2004, 05:46 AM
Nothing short of a fire hose could break a car window with water if you ask me... Doom, try firing your APH on riot blast at a window. I doubt even that would come close to breaking it.
I've done that before to empty the PC. It cleans it well, but doesn't do any real damage. I'm sure it will destroy things like cardboard and maybe at most balsa wood on a small nozzle (for pressure). Remember, not even a power-washer should cause any real damage to glass. I think it's silly to think that someone could do that with a water gun. You'll need a super-homemade to cause such damage. Like nibor said, note the year, 1995, a year before the release of the CPS 2000. What did he shoot it with, an SS 300 at most? It's completely moronic to think that it is possible to destroy a car window with a water gun, especially at that time. Another thing to note is that they said it blew into a million pieces. I thought that glass had an inner layer of some liquid to prevent shattering. The situation is humorous.

There's actually a bunch of neat stuff in groups about Super Soakers. I found a request in a flamethrowers group about making homemade water guns back in 1990... possibly the true origins of homemades? I don't think the two are related, but it is interesting.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:43 pm

Hmm... Construction site...

What could have happened is that (if this was a CPS class gun), he could have stood at the top of the skysXPBackfire-esqueer being constructed, then shoot down a CPS 2000 force stream. Gravity would have an immense effect if the building is over 200 feet or so, which might, theoretically, be able to break (or maybe crack) a window, especially if its cold and the water in the gun is really hot.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:54 pm

That might make some sense. I'm thinking it won't though, rain really doesn't cause damage on impact after falling for thousands of feet. Hail, yes, but you don't shoot frozen water from a water gun.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:35 pm

Originally posted by Soakologist@Oct 26 2004, 06:43 PM
Hmm... Construction site...

What could have happened is that (if this was a CPS class gun), he could have stood at the top of the skysXPBackfire-esqueer being constructed, then shoot down a CPS 2000 force stream. Gravity would have an immense effect if the building is over 200 feet or so, which might, theoretically, be able to break (or maybe crack) a window, especially if its hot and the water in the gun is really cold.
Hm, I think the stream would break up first from that long of a distance, especially if aimed down.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:33 am

The air and wind would break down the stream, and it would fall only as a drizzle.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:31 am

I doubt even a fire hose would break a window, and well, when you watch firemen putting out fires do the windows break? The only thing that would be able to break a window would be the ultra-high pressure water jets you can cut concrete with.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:26 pm

If it's cold enough and there's not too much wind, the stream won't break up. Shooting down creates much less wind resistance that shooting straight or up 45 degrees like we're used to doing

And also... Rain? Come on... they're just little drops. The CPS 2000 shoots a 30x stream.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.