Strange events

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:55 pm

Like many of my other soakers, a crack in the trigger valve prevented me from using it in the war we had with WaterBridge. This made me very angry because we tied them in that game. For a couple of days I have been putting on glue and had no success in fixing the leak. I left it alone for a couple days in disgust without a new coat of glue. Then, strangely enough today I pumped it a couple times and it works! In fact, I pumped it up around 15 times and I hear no leaks and I saw no leaks. Strange eh?

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:29 am

The valve might have needed some more drying time, either for the glue or from the water.

I've also found that when repairing trigger valves with cracks, it's really up to luck if the repair will be successful. Sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. I've only had a 50% success rate myself.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:17 pm

I just fixed a my newly acquired cps 2700 and the trigger valve had a crack on it. My epoxy took forever to dry but I think it took so long because either -

A.) Water was slowing the drying process

B.) The epoxy needed the help of sunlight to cure.

I think leaving the soaker it the sun (when curing epoxy) helps a lot.