XP55, what does the pump look like?

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Kimura

XP55, what does the pump look like?

Post by Kimura » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:54 am

SO while sorting through the attack I found more SS parts...the reservoir to my non functioning XP 105, as well as the pump arm, handle, and end cap to one of the XP 55's. I now have enough parts to make it work I think, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something on the arm. I don't see how an O-ring would stay in place. It's just a small back end cap to keep the ring from falling off, but nothing to keep it from moving around along the pump shaft.

Does anyone have a photo or diagram of what the arm pump shaft should look like?

martianshark

Re: XP55, what does the pump look like?

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:40 pm

This internals page might help, although it doesn't really show the end of he pump.

The O ring might have been attatched with some glue so that it wouldn't slide around. So maybe you should superglue it in place. And don't forget to lubricate it afterwards.

Kimura

Post by Kimura » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Oh if only they had removed the pump in those photos!

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:10 pm

I would definately glue the o ring on, but it is a matter of where to put it. You should check the pump for any signs of where an o ring once was, like glue marks, darker rings, and clean parts of the pump.
-Zeda
Edit: Uuuumm, what are you confused about Martinshark
Last edited by zeda.beta on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:38 pm

What the heck?