Mapping the Water Warriors' World

Discussion of other water gun websites.
isoaker_com

Mapping the Water Warriors' World

Post by isoaker_com » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Water Warriors of the World Unite!

Got a GMail account? Please visit the Water Warriors of the World map, click "Save to My Maps", then feel free to browse to locations that interest you for water warfare and put map markers in place, saving them to the map! This map is set at open collaboration presently so anyone with a GMail account can add markers. Even though you technically can, please do NOT put a marker directly on where you live since this map is publically accessible.

Hope you like the map and I look forward to seeing more info added to it! I've currently added some of the places I've visited since starting a water blaster website and some others have already begun posting up their own markers as well.

Soak on!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

SSCBen

Re: Mapping the Water Warriors' World

Post by SSCBen » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:05 pm

I'm on the map, but I only put my university's location, mainly because I won't be living for much longer at my parents' house.

Maps like these are a good idea but I think it could be simpler. It took me a bit to figure out how to get myself on the map for example. I like something they tried at NerfHaven where people opted-in to parse data from the NerfHaven database onto a map. I know Google has some API for their maps so it should be too hard to somehow integrate a map like this one with SSC or iScN. I'd look into it more closely but I'm busy... those with free time willing to take on a worthy cause should look into it.