Images for free use

Discussion of other water gun websites.
SuperSoakers.Info

Images for free use

Post by SuperSoakers.Info » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:21 pm

Hey I just got done colorizing these. I am really happy with how they came out. Needless to say they are going on my site but you are free to grab them if you like. I'm getting the hang of gradients and I think it adds a nice touch.

SSCBen

Re: Images for free use

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:34 pm

Nice colors! I'm really liking how these look, especially the second one. The second one looks like something you'd see on the box. Great work. Post at least links to whatever else you do.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:00 pm

Great job! They look awesome! They definitely look like they belong on the original boxes of the guns!
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

SuperSoakers.Info

Post by SuperSoakers.Info » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:05 pm

here's another one. this one was quite difficult because i wasn't willing to overlook small details like i was on the 100 picture. The front nozzle is wrong and the trigger doesn't have a border. The top handle was way too thin and looked quite a bit different from the production release model; its position was also way too forward on the gun. So I "fashioned" a new one, banking on the fact that when zoomed out it would look acceptable. I think this is largely true although I admit it's not perfect.

Again, free for use:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:27 am

As always, looking nice. I wouldn't have noticed any changes you made to the images unless you told me.

The patents often represent earlier versions of water guns. Very often you'll notice weird differences with the production models, like the flat pressure chamber in the SS 100 and the thinner chamber in this SS 200. Sometimes if you look at patent applications you'll find drawings by who I assume to be engineers rather than artists, which will deviate greatly from the production models. It's interesting to note the changes that went into the design. I kinda wish I had more information about the design process behind some water guns but there's not much out there.