iSoaker.com forums

Discussion of other water gun websites.
SSCBen

iSoaker.com forums

Post by SSCBen » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:54 pm

Visiting the iSoaker.com forums gives an mySQL message. I hope everything is fine over there. The good thing about using a database is that most hosts make nightly backups and if the database is corrupted, iSoaker should be able to contact his host to get the backup put online.

While some might not have noticed, I've done that a few times since SSC's inception. It's part of the job I guess. I hope the iSoaker.com forums can be just as easily back online.

The error is having more than the max_user_connections allows though, which would indicate to me that the forum will come back online once less people are visiting it.

Edit: The forums seem to back online now.
Last edited by SSCBen on Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Re: iSoaker.com forums

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:38 pm

iSoaker seems to be upgrading the forum right now. Ever since I woke up I've noticed mySQL error after mySQL error, which seems similar to some of my experiences with upgrading this board. Luckily we've gone through several upgrades over the years without any major problems, due mostly to my excessive backups.

Thought, right now I'm a little worried because there's a board online, with no forums, no posts, and one member. I'm not going to join the forum and risk messing it up, but that worries be a bit. Maybe the posts are imported to upgrade, like on vB, which sadly loses a lot of settings.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:53 pm

I haven't noticed any MySQL errors, but the forums are reset. Funnily enough, it seems like the forums haven't been upgraded yet, as the bottom of the page still says ikonBoard 3.1.5.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:42 am

Sadly, attempted forum upgrade failed miserably. Ikonforums just doesn't like the iSoaker.com server set-up. Oh well, back to Ikonboards 3.1.5 for now.

The re-installation process of the Ikonboard was a little annoying at first, but at least now most of the forums now appear to be restored. There's a funny thing about re-importing backups into the database that took me a few times to figure out why it kept failing.

Oh well, I figured, if all else failed, at least there's here. :P

B)
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:54 am

Wow, it sounds like you've had it tough. Is it ikonForum's or your host's fault? It's frustrating that the software upgrade didn't work the way it was supposed to.

The site does look fine to my untrained eye now, though.