Trigger Valve Problem

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
HappyDappy

Trigger Valve Problem

Post by HappyDappy » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:10 pm

My friend got me a new 4100 for my B-day. Yay.

Anyway, the reason is cause my old 4100's trigger valve broke. I'm probably not going to fix the old one but i'd like to ask for your opinions on why the old one broke so as to avoid the prob on the new soaker.

The problem with the old valve is that it fails to open when the cps chamber is full (or it at least is very hard to open). This results in the need for a large amount of pressure to be put on the trigger in order to try and open the valve so that the gun can fire, which is unacceptable in combat.

The old valve looked fine on the outside. I'm trying to get the thing open to have a look (not that easy). The screws I've removed but i can't get thru the glue. :mad: Pissin me off.

If anyone can help, plz respond. Thanks.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:39 pm

Please don't say plz, instead use correct English. Also, always capitalize I, mostly because it's insulting not to capitalize yourself.

Problems like this really don't have too many options. Try pumping less than usual. Your check valve may be making your gun take more pressure than it should, which apparently is a common error on many water guns such as the Super Soaker CPS 4100 and Super Soaker Monster XL.

Let us know if pumping less helps resolve this problem.

DX

Post by DX » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:04 am

The old valve looked fine on the outside. I'm trying to get the thing open to have a look (not that easy). The screws I've removed but i can't get thru the glue. :mad: Pissin me off.

You have to saw off the pump cap to open up a CPS 4100. Only the millionth time I've had to tell people this.

Address this problem immediately-I've had this happen on other guns and it progresses rapidly.

Do not put additional stress on the trigger unless you have a mark 1, otherwise you'll snap the trigger.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

HappyDappy

Post by HappyDappy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:30 pm

Right, proper grammar. Got it.

Duxburian, I know that I have to saw off the pump cap (which I did).

I'm talking about the actual trigger valve that I can't get open. Should I saw it maybe? Has anyone actually opened a trigger valve on a 4100 or any other gun for that matter before?

Also, Ben, before my soaker broke I was pumping less (using only half pc). Eventually however, the trigger valve completely froze up. Maybe my check valve froze up on its own accord. Shrug.

Thanks for the suggestion though.