SC QFD Quick Fill Device nozzle - I lost mine!

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
drlongbottom

SC QFD Quick Fill Device nozzle - I lost mine!

Post by drlongbottom » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:54 pm

Hey guys,

My sister's boyfriend was over visiting us and he happened to mentioned the value that my old CPS 2000 might have on eBay, and I got to thinking about my other old gun, the Super Charger Power Pak. When we moved several years back I remember not being able to find the Quick-Fill Device (orange tripod piece that hooks up to the hose and is the only way to fill the gun). Does anyone have any alternate suggestions for the QFD that have worked for them or have an extra one laying around they'd like to pawn off? Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks.

C-A_99

Re: SC QFD Quick Fill Device nozzle - I lost mine!

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:46 am

There are probably extra QFD's that occassionally frequent ebay, or that people are willing to sell. However, it is likely that you can improvise your own solution. Check here: http://www.sscentral.org/homemade/vhs.html

If getting right down to QFD functuality is all you care about (without wanting to improve the shooting and refilling process of a hose, or if you play free-for-all and don't allow hose shooting), then there are 2 basic solutions.

You can build a simple hose attachment with a hose adapter to 3/4 male (and with 1/2 female on the inside), a 3/4 ball valve, and the 3/4 plug from home depot.

However, it is possible that they might have changed their moulds for the plug by now, so it is advisable to bring an SC nozzle to the store (you may have to bring the whole gun to avoid disassembly but no one should care I'd hope) to see what parts work and what parts don't.

Another word of caution. If you want to build a more fancy adapter that will require elbows and/or tee's, use brass instead of PVC. One of my VHS's that was made of PVC blew apart (the tee fractured in the middle, but none of the connections took a scratch) because the hose was very lengthy and the pressure within it built up to VERY high levels. (my guess was that the combination of heat in the sun and the water shutoff resulted in this) Brass connections should not have that problem and should be able to resist any pressure buildup)

Welcome to SSC and good luck with finding or building a QFD. Any additional questions can simply be directed here.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:19 pm

Member VAJMH might sell you one. He has 2 for sale I think. Check the marketplace section of the forums for it.

Besides buying (or finding too) you have to build one. Follow what C-A_99 said and the guide.

That's about it. Welcome to SSC!
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

drlongbottom

Post by drlongbottom » Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:32 pm

Thanks guys! This is awesome. I'm stoked to get this thing going again! (now only if it wasn't -23 degrees where I live!)

VAJMH

Post by VAJMH » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:30 pm

I sent the QFD today. Nice doing business with you. Also, on the bright side, at those temperatures any supersoaker becomes an Arctic Shock!
Personal Collection: Monster X, Monster XL, Helix, Triple Shot, Aquapack Devastator, Liquidator, Arctic Shock, Shot Blast, Splazhzooka
Super Soaker 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 100, 200, MDS, Bow & Arrow
XP 20, 35, 55, 70, 75, 85, 105, 110, 150, 175, 250, 270, 275, 310
CPS 1000, 1200, 1350(1-3-5), 1500, 2000, 2100, 2500, 2700, 3000, 4100

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:23 pm

Hmmm...how cold would it have to be for the stream to freeze in mid-air?
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

drlongbottom

Post by drlongbottom » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:02 pm

about -23 :)

& thanks VAJMH! it was great doing business with you.
cantab wrote:Hmmm...how cold would it have to be for the stream to freeze in mid-air?