New to the whole super soaker thing:)

General water gun discussion.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:56 am

Welcome to SSC. Remember to read the board guidelines. If you want to improve your soakers, go to the tech page to learn about mods and other things to improve them. ;)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:58 am

Welcome to SSCentral.

Sorry about not making registration required. If you could, please take the time to Register. You'll see a lot of new features and will be able to post in all other forums. I'll require registration to post after you register.

Also remember to clean up your grammar and a bit of spelling. It's the least you could do - we find it hard to read posts that don't follow our normal English.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:28 pm

K, I would of registered right away but I kind of posted in a rush cause I had to leave :( and I am also sorry about my typing. Ive just gotten used to it over a lot of time talking on the computer and things like that ;) I did manage to get the thing open just a few minutes ago so I think that im going to get started on it :D I will post a picture of it when im done for your suggestions. I would take pictures as I do it but I need to find my camera <_<
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:03 am

No need to be sorry, before you registered you did not agree to the Board Guidelines - so you didn't know.

Anyway, for the Storm gun you could do some Storm Check Valve Freezing to increase the power with additional pumps. On the Hulk piston gun, I'd recommend adding a nozzle selector to get more nozzles.

Do you have any other guns?

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:30 am

yes I do have some but nothing that is in any means good. I never really was really into squirt guns and stuff like that untill recently and haven't gotten any new ones, but last year I bought a few to mess around with. of course I had no clue what gun to get or where to get it :( I am currently working on that one hulk one I have which is probably one of the "not so good" squirt guns ive used because of the short range and all that but I like how its setup and am trying to make it better. I will get another one thats a little better as soon as possible :) any suggestions on a good gun for a beginner?
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:35 am

Any soaker is good for a beginner. As long as its not modded or a homemade you shouldnt have trouble with anything. Perhaps you should stay away from stuff like a CPS 3000, 3200, and 2000 but it doesn't really matter. What does is what you have available. Look around and tell us what you find.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:45 am

thanks ill be sure to go and look for a new one as soon as possible. You probably are right about waiting to mess around with modded or homemades yet but I have always liked making/fixing/improving things :) I have run into one major problem I just noticed :( For some reason the gun im messing around with won't fire at all! I havntmessed with any internal parts as of yet and after putting in water and pumping the trigger pulls back supr easy and the water does not come :( anybody know why this might be?

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:30 am

ok, got it working as far as firing goes but still dosent fire any furhter then I could spit water(not that I would in a water war) :( I also have been searching around for them and have found only a few that strike my intrest :) ill be sure to post back when I make a final decision :)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:58 am

^ Just might want to tell you, there is an edit button. We will yell at you if you did that in another forum. Also, please use commas! I don't know why so many new people don't, it's very essential to the English language. Also please re-read your posts to catch careless mistakes.

Also, I'm sure we could help you if you told us some more about this broken gun. Which model is it? If you don't know, what colors and size?

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:48 pm

ok, once again sorry, I'm just so used to typing like that its very hard for me to do it right. I will try my best to get it right from now on. As for the gun, it is not really broken just not that good, It only shoots a small distance. Here is a pic, sorry it is so small but I couldn't find a bigger one on the internet. http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000 ... ZZZZZZ.jpg . Anyway thats basically it, after getting it opened I realized how much space there is in the thing, No more than 1/2 of it was anything, most was just empty space. Are all guns like this? I have been searching quite a bit for a new super soaker and have found a few things that seem to be good. I used a super soaker at my friends about a year ago and I beleive it was a cps 2100. I really liked the gun I was using but I have heard a lot about the cps 2100 being hard to pump and having a small water capacity which weren't big issues with the gun I was using, maybe I'm just not remebering right. Do you think this would be a good choice for me? I have a good chance to get one so if its a fairly good gun tell me and I will get one. Thank you for all your help.

P.S. Please inform me if I make any mistakes and I will be sure to fix them, because as I said before this is kind of hard for me :(

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:36 am

The 2100 is a nice gun to have. Small water capacity, kind of. Hard to pump, no. Unless of course you K-mod it. For a beginner, I'd say get it. ;)

The open space inside the water gun is depneding on the type of gun. Most CPS guns are tightly crunched together because of larger technology. I believe other guns like the vaporizer are more open inside. So I guess it is common.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:17 am

The Hulk Cannon? :blink: Buddy, welcome to help central ^_^

First off, if I were you, I'd ditch the hulk gun, fast. It is sub-par to any other air pressure gun on the market, I could beat it with a liquidator. If you can find a 2100 for yourself (they are quite rare) then go ahead for it. If you want more kick for your buck, buy a CPS 4100 (Ill leave it up to you to do the homework). Both are the last pieces of CPS weaponry that are being produced by hasbro, Inc.

For the hardest hitting guns, you'll have to compete on Ebay for the best gun. It really depends on what your roll will be. From what it sounds like you want to be a grunt? 2100 is in a good neighborhood for a good blaster for grunts. Pick it up, but don't modify it on your first attempt. Also check out my guide (General Taloneer) to soaker shopping, it should help you out. Good luck!

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:23 am

I am well aware that the hulk gun isn't exactly what you would call a "good" gun :( I actually just wanted to mess around and see what I could do as far as making it better. I will eventually get back to trying to do that. For right now I will just go with the 2100 and experiment with others as I can buy them.