Top 3 guns

General water gun discussion.
Shadowshot

Top 3 guns

Post by Shadowshot » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:07 pm

There are a LOT of good guns out there but I'd like to know, what do you think 3 of the best guns are? Or what are your favorites? There are tons of great water warriors out there and I'd like to know what you think is best!

Here is my top 3

1 CPS 1200. Just an all around great gun. Good range and power. The tank can run out quick though. A great gun nonetheless.

2 CPS 3200/3000. Having a backback full of water coupled with some powerful blasts makes this a great gun. These guns will pretty much outlast any other soakers in a fight.

3 CPS 2000. I just can't leave this gun out. Has great power and can thouroughly soak your oppenent. Though the resevior can run out quickly.

Well those are my top 3. If you want list yours and why!
Last edited by Shadowshot on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:23 pm

Interesting thread, but keep in mind that you can't say any soaker is the best. I like how you've kept the answers up for debate and constructive--so welcome to Super Soaker Central!

Do you think modded and/or homemade soakers are allowed? I haven't dealt with CPS power past my CPS 4100, so I wouldn't feel comfortable suggesting anything I've experienced. Or should I just post from what I've heard about these guns?

I'd say a modded or stock CPS 2100 could give the CPS 1200 a good run for its money; a cheap backpack mod can dramatically increase the reservoir capacity of pretty much any soaker; and a modded or homemade soaker can outclass the CPS 2000. And now on to my picks...

Not in any order:
CPS 2100--small and powerful, especially with a variety of mods
CPS 2500--as powerful as a CPS 2000 but with a nozzle selector for flexibility
CPS 1500/1700--supposedly very good balance, it's mainly on the list because I can't think of much else that's stock

A neat soaker mod/upgrade: A Monster X with a PC casing expansion, a replacement LRT bladder, a PRVD, a new nozzle selector, a backpack mod, and heavily reinforced internals. If only. Or a 41WC.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:30 pm

I haven't tried half of them, the most powerful I've used is the 2000mk/2500. (I've used both, but they're of the same power) I think the CPS 3000 could be quite useful but I haven't pumped and fired one before. My 2100 is also somewhat leaky and doesn't seem to function as it should, and the water supply isn't that great.

Edit: As to my favorite guns....

What I think would be best:

CPS 3200 (I heard it was reinforced better than the 3000 and it has the QFD support)
CPS 2500
CPS 2000 (mk1)

Best of what I've tried:

CPS 2500 (prefered over the 2000 because of the seemingly sorely needed nozzle selector)
CPS 2000 (mk2)
CPS 2100

Guns I'd most love to have that I don't:

CPS 3200 (Great capacity, plus team support)
CPS 1500/1700 (Fairly powerful but not too large)
SC Power Pak (I'd want to have 2 of them for dual wielding)
CPS 2700 (For it's ridiculous capacity without a backpack)

All I really took into consideration was efficiency, capacity, and power. I don't seem to have much trouble carrying heavy guns (like the 2500), though I've never tried a backpack gun before, much less ran with one. They do increase your visiblity a bit but if you're careful (the guns are long and "thin" too) you can avoid that from being a big problem.

Edit: Adjusted.
Last edited by C-A_99 on Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:47 am

1. CPS 1500
2. CPS 2500
3. CPS 2000
4. CPS 1000
5. CPS 1200

Those are my top 5. The CPS 1500, when you factor in everything is the best all around gun. The CPS 2500 fallows very closely. I love both guns. The CPS 2000 is debatable but it really is a good gun in battle.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

DX

Post by DX » Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:28 am

Stock List: [Speculation]
1. CPS 1500
2. CPS 2500
3. CPS 2000

Stock List: [Actually Used]
1. CPS 1500
2. CPS 2500
3. CPS 2000

I used to have the 2500 on top, although the 1500 now edges its way past the 2500 barely. Just because of the versatility and mods. Performance is dead even. My stock lists are identical because I have used nearly every CPS gun, the exceptions being the QFD-only ones.

Modded List: [Speculation]
1. CPS 15.10K
2. CPS 15.12K
3. CPS 15.21K

Modded List: [Actually Used]
1. CPS 15K
2. CPS 10K
3. CPS 12K

The 1500 makes for the best modded gun, easily. When you've got the most powerful spherical pc soaker, the result has got to be great, for both normal Ks and pc swap Ks.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:10 am

Obviously ignoring homemades because their performance is so variable, this is my list of modded favourites:

1. CPS 27K - Very moddable, with lots of options and power. The CPS 2700 is still relatively available, and not too expensive, so this is not out of peoples reach.

2. Max-D 110. This is a recent creation of mine - it's not yet finished, so no guide or write-up just yet. It's a basic XP 110, but I've installed the Max-D trigger valve off my broken 3XA.

3. CPS 3200 with hose attachment and 2x mod. The typhoon setting is pretty, but also pretty useless, so I swapped it for a 2x setting. The hose attachment brings the quick-fill time down massively, and makes the backpack more interchangable between soakers.

Stock list - Bit trickier, but again:

1. CPS 2700 - A great soaker. People always underestimate the value of a 2x setting, so this comes above the 2500 for me.
I would rather have a 2x setting than a 20x setting in a battle setting, mostly because anything much above 10x is usually overkill - it uses water too fast, and has little more effect on the target. (If I could only have three settings, they would probably be 2x, 5x and riot blast, 10x being next on the list)

2. Flash flood - I've only used one a couple of times, but it was nice. The riot blast is more for show than practicality, but it's very good for single handed use (if you don't care about the riot blast)

3. I'll say the XP 310 - I can't decide on a definitive 3rd right now.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Shadowshot

To each his own

Post by Shadowshot » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:51 pm

Whoa. I didn't realize there would be so many replies so soon. Well as silent guy said no soaker is the best one out there and each soaker has it's advantages and its disadvantages. To choose the soaker you are most comfortable with however, beats out power anyday. I have always been comfortable with the CPS 1200 at my side but everyones tastes and choice in weapons vary. Some are more popular than other such as the 2500/2000 but to each his own. I even feel comfortable with the CPS 1-3-5 (roll with me here) it may not have a lot of power but it takes so few pumps to make it fire it can be an extremely annoying weapon when someone is using a gun like the 3000 that takes many pumps to use. It may not be powerful (kind of pathtic really) but it is a pretty fun weapon to use. Thanks for all of the posts by the way. It's great to get feedback from other people!

"Soak your enemies all the way"
"That is how you have a great day" ;) :cool:

EDIT by SilentGuy: I merged this post and your next one, because if you're adding something only two minutes afterward, you might as well just edit the original post.
end EDIT

Oh and I mean post about a gun you think you would be able to use well. Or a gun you just really like. You don't neccesarily have to own it but at least know some backround info on it so you can back up your choices! I don't own a 2000 but I know that it would be a great gun to have on the battlefield. You don't neccesarily have to own it but at least know some backround info on it so you can back up your choices!

-Thanks SilentGuy, I'll do that from now on!
Last edited by Shadowshot on Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.