Battle Splashers

General water gun discussion.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 22, 2004 5:05 pm

There have been a ton of new water warfare products this year. The latest is Battle Splashers. They are guns designed for pool use, as they draw water from the pool. However, like XN did you could add a backpack to these guns perfectly. I saw the commercial (and the Shield Blaster, Water Worm and SS ones), and I didn't see any larger guns, but I only saw about half the commercial. Next time I see it I'll post more info, this is what I got.

The guns come with these floating shield-base things (or maybe it's the other way around?). They look like they'd only hold a 10 year old at most, not meant fo the serious water gunners. The guns looked from my quick glimpse to be maybe XP 70 sized, and I didn't see anything larger. They probably are just a dumb kids thing, but I wanted to post something new so that's why I posted this.

A quick Google search turned up these links:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... ll=2061599
http://www.pooltoy.com/baspaa.html
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 6?v=glance

Strangely their own version of the sponges are like those Nerf footballs, they have stabilizers! Neat idea IMO, I wonder how good it work work to increase the range?

So, are the Battle Splashers XPBackfire-esque or could they be going somewhere possibly? I think they have some good ideas, not necesarily good guns.

DX

Post by DX » Sat May 22, 2004 5:25 pm

They might be useful only if you are fighting in an area with a pool. For example, they would be useless to me b/c we have our wars in a wooded park with no pools, house use, decks, or hoses. there is a brook, but its only used as an obstacle-the only time we go in it is to cross.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat May 22, 2004 5:39 pm

The idea of these, is obviously just for fun at the pool, not a water war. It seems like it would be too easy to fall in and be quickly soaked. Besides, two of them look like they have guns themed with the sheild, such as a aligator.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sat May 22, 2004 5:54 pm

My friend has one from last year guys. The inflatble part is too small to support a twelve year old, the gun's range is horrid and the splash balls are somewhat useful. I would never reccommend buying one.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat May 22, 2004 5:55 pm

I would never buy one just for the plash balls. thanks for the info B)
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 23, 2004 9:59 pm

It appears to me that not too many people like these guns. I think they've got some interesting ideas personally. If they sold their version of the sponges I would buy a few. If they work like they did on the Nerf footballs, then they should really increase the range and accuracy.