Another way to tell CPS Marks?

General water gun discussion.
Aqua_Flash

Another way to tell CPS 2500 Marks?

Post by Aqua_Flash » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:37 pm

Yesterday I received a NIB CPS 2500 which I just plan to store and not open. However, I noticed something, on the nozzle selector my past 2500's settings were labelled very lightly in the plastic (I can show a picture if what I explained sounded a bit puzzling), this one has no nozzle labelling for its settings.

Could this be another way to tell a Mark difference? I do somehow sense I have one of the earlier versions though.
Last edited by Aqua_Flash on Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forgot to put in 2500.

SSCBen

Re: Another way to tell CPS Marks?

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:41 pm

I don't know. You'll have to compare against the other things that separate CPS 2500 marks. Take some pictures. It'd probably be the best way to explain it. I know what you're talking about, but I thought all CPS 2500s had those.

For those who don't know about this page, check it out: http://www.sscentral.org/reviews/marks.html#cps2500 Those are the differences we have read about.

Also, Drenchenator, you should add an index or something on the top or side of that article to make skipping to guns easier. ;)

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:44 pm

You can just see the nozzle settings on there. The one I have now doesn't have those numbers on.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:56 pm

iSoaker has a picture of the nozzle with the labels too, but doesn't have one without. I couldn't find much information about the CPS 2500 marks when I was making the guide. DX helped with what is already there, but the guide doesn't have much. Do you notice any other differences between the two that you have? This likely is a different mark and we should document it. Can you take a picture of the gun-in-question's nozzle for comparison? If so, could I use it to add to the guide? It really lacks pictures. Thanks in advance; this was one of the gun's that there was not much info about when I was researching it.
Also, Drenchenator, you should add an index or something on the top or side of that article to make skipping to guns easier.
I actually wanted people to consult the gun's review for its marks--they are in each review--when I originally made the guide. But I guess an index won't hurt. I'll add to the list of things for me to do (including adding a column in the reviews of whether we have a review of the gun or not).
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Aqua_Flash

Re: Another way to tell CPS 2500 Marks?

Post by Aqua_Flash » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Alright, here's the picture. Since I'm keeping it new I'm afraid I can't get a fully frontal picture but I think this should show the difference enough.

As you can see, there is no nozzle labelling.

You can use it for the guide if you feel it is good enough. I'm afraid since I don't plan to open it I can't really give much more information, apart from the fact the stickers are on the left hand side.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:27 pm

Okay, don't worry--I respect that you want to keep in NIB. Thanks; what you provided is more than enough.

Edit: Updated the guide. Thanks again.
Last edited by Drenchenator on Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Aqua_Flash

Post by Aqua_Flash » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:52 pm

Just remembered, there might be another Mark of 2500.

Just like the CPS 2000, I remember seeing a CPS 2500 labelled as 'Super Liquidator' on eBay.de I think something like nearly 2 years ago. Sadly at that time I wasn't as aware, but I'm certain it said that. If one ever comes up I'll get the picture and might buy it depending on how things go. However one has to come up first and that could be ages. They are rather rare, mind you since it is a Dutch edition then it is pretty limited to where you can find one.