Build: Durable
Shot Distance: 58-61 feet
Shot Time: 0.8 second
Soakage per second: 21X / 610 ml
Power: 4 feet bottle push from 1 meter

For the full review, go here: POWERMASTERS Soaker Reviews

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:07 pm

Wow, that's a very complete review. For the people who didn't bother going there, this is a CPS 2000 Mk.2 that is being reviewed. However, for the Powermasters Review, you might want to add a few more pictures or something. Otherwise, it looks good, and perhaps you could do a third-party review of Ben's homemades when they get to you.

58-61 feet with a commercial soaker? That's pretty impressive, although the wind might have been with you or something. I've heard of CPS 2000s reaching 50 feet but not of them doing 60...

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:00 pm

Great site so far. Love the graphics and the pages done so far. If every review is done like your CPS 2000 one, this'll be a big hit. That was pretty much the best review I've read. The style and humor add a lot. The movies were good to watch too. Perhaps others should include movies in their reviews.

I'm not believing the range either actually. Most CPS 2000s are around 52 feet of range from what I know. It takes considerably more power or wind to get near or over 60 feet. Are you measuring to the last drop of water or to where the big puddle at the end of the shot is? The last drop usually is several feet further than the puddle, but the puddle is actually what matters and it what I report.

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:47 pm

Actually, wasn't the system used by some people (Ben included) such that the first number is the last puddle and the number after the hyphen is the last drop? Still, that's pretty far, and maybe you are just lucky and have one of the better soakers made.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:30 am

I'm moving away from giving a single range number. I now prefer a small range of ranges from a small range of angles. Such as 48-54ft at 30-50 degrees, for example. I also prefer "angled" over "45 degrees" as a description.

Nibordude's 2000 shoots about 53-56ft angled last drop, a few feet less to the largest last puddle, so I doubt another mk2 doing 60.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:45 am

Ben wrote:Great site so far. Love the graphics and the pages done so far. If every review is done like your CPS 2000 one, this'll be a big hit. That was pretty much the best review I've read. The style and humor add a lot. The movies were good to watch too. Perhaps others should include movies in their reviews.

I'm not believing the range either actually. Most CPS 2000s are around 52 feet of range from what I know. It takes considerably more power or wind to get near or over 60 feet. Are you measuring to the last drop of water or to where the big puddle at the end of the shot is? The last drop usually is several feet further than the puddle, but the puddle is actually what matters and it what I report.

Wind came from the west. I measured more the ending of the puddle. I guess in other words prity much almost the last drops. Thats how I usualy measure distance. I agree its not the range thats effective, but its just to show how far it can possibly reach. Middle of the puddle would be 57-59 feet on that one. Which I would think is still prity above average. As a little comparison, distance whise, my CPS 10K and this CPS2000 model are equal. Which reminds me, this coming weekend I will try to have the CPS 10K review on there. This website will be a step by step process, since I know have a full time job and time is limited.

When we talk middle of the puddle, my other CPS 2000 would be around 54-56 feet. So I guess that would be more towards average. then again, my third CPS 2000 is a lemon reaching 40 feet max. So ranges differ.
However, for the Powermasters Review, you might want to add a few more pictures or something. Otherwise, it looks good, and perhaps you could do a third-party review of Ben's homemades when they get to you.

All of my reviews will have this format now. In the past my reviews where not as detailed, because I enjoy building and designing websites more than writing reviews. But this time I forced myself spending more time on them. In a few months there will be alot more reviews and images on the website.

Guest reviews are of course welcome. Also I plan to have alot of APH and soon homemade CPS guns in my reviews. Thats why I am glad to buy the 2 APHs of Ben and order my custom CPS from him. Homemades in many ways are the successors of the "Golden Retail Age", so they are definatly relelevant to my website since they are inspired by the good old days.
Also, while there are alot of building guides or performance feddbacks, there are not that many full fledged Homemade Reviews. I would like to change that.
Last edited by ZOCCOZ on Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:50 pm

I usually measure to the end of the puddle as well, so I'd take that as valid. Just checking. ;)

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:02 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. Like Ben, I found that site excellent, and I hope you continue to churn out such thorough reviews--even though they might come at a slower rate.

The color scheme is pretty good, and it does have a distinctly "ZOCCOZ" look :cool: . The strange thing, though, is that the two forums skins are exactly the same, or they appear to be exactly the same. However, that's not a problem as I like that skin too. Keep up the good work!

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:13 pm

I usually measure to the end of the puddle as well, so I'd take that as valid. Just checking.
When I first did the tests, I was wondering the validity myself, since I expect 51 feet of a CPS 2000. But after some of the other soakers like the MX 01 and Monster got distances of what would be considered average, I came to the conclusion that the range tests are fairly accurate. What I did forget to mention was that the specific Mk.2 model in the review is almost mint having only minimal scratches. So it is fairly good preserved, making the above average distance more explainable.
The color scheme is pretty good, and it does have a distinctly "ZOCCOZ" look :cool: .
The Website apearance was inspired by the art style from the original Super Soaker packaging. I just re-created the the art style to give the website content a worthy and fitting "packaging". It certainly is easy on the eyes, and I am sure it will make some viewers nostalgic.
The strange thing, though, is that the two forums skins are exactly the same, or they appear to be exactly the same.
Do you mean the 3 sub-forums on the Powermasters mini-forum? I don't know which second forum you mean.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:15 pm

Sorry for the confusion. I meant the two different skins for the same forum--their names went something like "___Silver" and "___Blue." It's a pretty good skin for a premade one, though.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:22 pm

Oh sorry. I forgot to switch every user to the "BlueVibe" skin. It was half-half. Now everyone is on the "bluevibe" theme skin.
The thing is, I first tried to give the forum the website look with alot of purple and neon pink, but pulling that of on a forum is tough if you want to make it look good. Plus customizing is a pain. So I looked at the pre-installed selections and picked one that has a very Aquatic look similar to the XP and CPS packaging.

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:15 pm

Also, while there are alot of building guides or performance feddbacks, there are not that many full fledged Homemade Reviews. I would like to change that.
There would be many more if I had the time, trust me. And there will be, since my work ends this very week. It is great to see homemade reviews finally becoming a goal.
What I did forget to mention was that the specific Mk.2 model in the review is almost mint having only minimal scratches. So it is fairly good preserved, making the above average distance more explainable.
I would explain it with either the pc being above average, or the pc never having been stretched before. Cosmetic condition has no effect on performance. While my aging 21K was still alive, it was the most beat up, scratched up, heavily used thing ever, but it still put out a 60ft stream every time.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:14 am

What I was implying was that the CPS 2000 mk.2 model in the review didn't get much previous use. You are correct that very often the internals are still good in physicaly beat up soakers, but also very often a beat up body suggest alot of use and internal wear down.