Question about older model soaker...?

General water gun discussion.
Dana Naylor

Question about older model soaker...?

Post by Dana Naylor » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:35 am

I have recently aquired a Larami super soaker-model #1041. I know this may sound dumb, but we can't figure out how to put water into it. There seems to be a black opening towards the front of the unit that looks like some sort of key unit or something might fit into it. Are we missing a piece in order to fill it, or what? Does anyone know? The soaker was part of the 2000 Larami Limited edition, Item #3119-0 ( I think). Can anyone out there help me in figuring out this delimma? Does anyone know where I might be able to find out the info? Thanx, so much.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:03 am

I can tell you your exact problem. We tend not to work in model numbers, but we can find out.

Using the search term "isoaker 3119" in google, only one soaker was listed:

The model you listed is a Splashzooka 65 oz? I can't really tell from your description. (if it is, good for you - this is a very nice soaker)

http://www.isoaker.com/armoury/soaker_s ... plashzooka

^Check that link and tell me if that is what you have. If it isn't disregard everything below here - You might want to check out (It might take you a while, but you should find your model):

http://www.isoaker.com

Did you get a QFD with it? The Splashzooka can only be filled by QFD (a device that screws onto a hose, which the nozzle is then pushed into - water is forced through the nozzle into the long chamber)

http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/qfd.cfm

^ Pictures of QFDs

If you don't have one - you are in some sort of luck. I have a QFD that I no longer want - (I altered the soaker that used it so that it no longer needed one). It's of the second type down on the list on the page I linked to (just so you know - I think this is what it came with in the first place).

http://forums.sscentral.org/t3606/

^Topic in which I have offered the QFD. I had no idea what price to offer it for, so I've left it open so far. It is in next to new condition.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:19 pm

Based on the initial description and item number, I do believe joannaardway has accurately identified the soaker in question.

The only way to fill a CPS Splashzooka 65oz is through its nozzle. The QFD/Fast-Fill device that comes with the original packaging is what is needed to fill it. One can also use a hose with a modified opening to form a seal around the Splashzooka's nozzle in place of the QFD. The 'key-like-opening' at the top of the blaster is the overflow valve where excess water comes out in the event of overfilling the blaster. This prevents potential pressure chamber rupture, but is definitely not a keyhole.

If joannaardway has a QFD for sale, that'd definitely solve your filling problem. At the same time, if you can find the missing QFD, that works, too. Good luck! It's a fun soaker to use!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:21 pm

Well, if Dana Naylor decides not to buy the Quickfill, then I am interested in buying it.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:30 am

I suppose a QFD is easier than a modified hose, at least for most people. However, I can't really be trusted here - because my CPS 3200 now has: A standard garden hose in place of the old standard one.

I'm happy to sell to anyone really.

Shipping for one of those to north america is roughly £1.50 (I seem to remember) which isn't much really. I don't know exactly what that is in Canadian dollars, but it's about $2.50 US.

They are very small and light, so that means cheap shipping.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston