"Dangerous" soaker that can shoot 20 ft.

General water gun discussion.
vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:22 pm

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/raising_boys/22405

The guy who wrote that article must be anti-soakers or else a total retard :angry: . I want to bite him. Doom's APH shoots 60 feet, and it's not that dangerous, right Doom?

EDIT: a few grammar mistakes

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:00 pm

Originally posted by vaporizer28@Jan 12 2005, 02:22 PM
http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/raising_boys/22405

The guy who wrote that article must be anti-soakers or else a total retard :angry: . I want to bite him. Doom's APH shoots 60 feet, and it's not that dangerous, right Doom?

EDIT: a few grammar mistakes
[snapback]21217[/snapback]

I think you mis-understood the aim of the article. At most, I think he is an over concerned parent, but he mentions a "no guns rule" when he says he grew up hunting and eating venison, which makes the article questionable. I don't think this guy is a moron. However if he does not want his kids to practice the Art of Water Warfare, then by all means it is his policies for his family. He wants to protect his family from them, but eventually his kids will have to be exposed to them (guns) later on in life. Another case of being over-protective. The world is a violent place. I spent 5 years sheltered as a kid (grades 1-5), and I am glad I saw and learned how the world works.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:49 pm

He is entitled to his views, however he thinks that you should "respect the power of your guns", and really, he isn't, they aren't powerful enough to hurt anyone, and he is blowing it out of all proportion. He is a bit naive about water guns and probably only objects to them because they are vaguely gun-shaped.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes