ranges of pistols

General water gun discussion.
adsi

ranges of pistols

Post by adsi » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:52 pm

hey i only just joined and i was wondering what the ranges of individual guns were
which one is best and most powerful just info really i would be thankful for any useful info tips and hints on where to buy the best guns

ps it looks like a cps 2000 mk1 is the best one to have so if ANYONE FINDS A PACK OF 2 POST ME PPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel

Re: ranges of pistols

Post by Daniel » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:55 pm

First of all finding one cps 2000 mk1 is almost inposable to get since these are highly collectable and have been discounted for years never mind 2 for one of the best place to look is ebay, secondly if you do find one on ebay your looking at atleast $250 if your lucky.
other less expensive guns are cps 1000s, 1200s, 1500s and 1700s but these (inspeicaly cps 1500s and 1700s) are still quite expensive but boast good range and have better shot times than the cps 2000s one second but yet again ebay is your best bet. What you can do is keep an eye out at yard sells and thrift shops for any of the mentioned gun, you might find a cps 2000 for a few dolors! also read over posts and super soaker pages on rewiews, prices, bidding tips, market place and so on. also there are quite alot of guns on the 2008 page which are still available plus some from 2009 as well if you can't get any old soakers. Good luck :D

Goldfish4209

Post by Goldfish4209 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:33 pm

adsi wrote:hey i only just joined and i was wondering what the ranges of individual guns were
which one is best and most powerful just info really i would be thankful for any useful info tips and hints on where to buy the best guns

ps it looks like a cps 2000 mk1 is the best one to have so if ANYONE FINDS A PACK OF 2 POST ME PPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you want to know the range, power, etc. of individual water guns, head to isoaker.com and go to the Armoury, there you can look up water guns. Much easier than having someone post a page-long list of all the water guns ever produced.

"Best" and "most powerful" are very different. You say that the CPS 2000 is the "best" water gun. In fact it is only the most powerful. The CPS 2000 may have great power and range, but its huge shots drain its capacity very quickly, it might be a little heavy, you'll have to pump a lot of times, etc. In my opinion, the overall "best" water gun would be something like the CPS 1500 or 1700, which has just a few feet less range than the CPS 2000, but is more versatile, easier to move around with, and overall more convenient to use. However, if you only judge water guns by their power, then to you the CPS 2000 would be the best.

As for where to get good water guns, the best water guns are no longer in production. The only sources for these older water guns are eBay and garage sales/other people. Expect to pay higher-than-usual prices for these water guns because they are no longer in stores. For instance, a CPS 2000 normally costs over $100 on eBay.
Current Arsenal: Liquidator, MI Flash Flood x2, APH x2, CPS 1200

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Tue May 19, 2009 3:26 am

I used to have a CPS 2000 but when the second chamber jammed and the pump would not move at all I threw it out. ;[ This was back when I was twelve and had no clue that this site even existed, probably should have saved it.

But for pistols my personal favorite is the Storm 750, same story with that gun. It soaks pretty well but the liquidator is a decent replacement.

cantab

Post by cantab » Tue May 19, 2009 11:38 am

Yeah, the larger Storm guns can have remarkable range. I've been on the wrong end of them rather too often :-(

The CPS 2000 does have the most range of any retailed gun, though I believe the SS 300 runs damn close, with better shot time. The 2000 has other drawbacks though, making it not always (or even usually) the best in combat.

isoaker.com will tell you ranges of guns. It's not always 100% accurate though, perhaps because individual examples of the same model gun may differ somewhat.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

GutsNGlory

Post by GutsNGlory » Mon May 25, 2009 6:39 am

The Storm 750 has been my favorite...a little bulky for a sidearm, but elegant nonetheless.

You know, I've actually been seeing a LOT of CPS2000s pop up on ebay recently. On my last search, there must have been at least 5 or 6. They are out there as long as you have the $$.