New waterball launcher

General water gun discussion.
Flashflood

New waterball launcher

Post by Flashflood » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:14 pm

there is a new waterball gun at Kroger's and i wanted to know all the information about it basically is it as bad as the first.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:00 am

Thread moved to the correct forum (this doesn't go in Buy/Sell).

I haven't seen any new Waterball products, but I'd imagine that anything new still isn't any good. The mechanism doesn't allow for good range or power. From what I've read (back in 2003), even modifying a Waterball launcher will rubber bands to attempt to increase the power simply breaks it. I would not recommend buying Waterball products.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:27 am

If you want a waterball launcher, just add "oon" to the end of the first word, and get out the PVC.

The waterball setup is amusing, and good fun for a mess around, but it's no good for a serious water war.

I might experiment with some spare pipe and stuff some time to try a cheapish replica, but I don't expect wonders.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:38 pm

Ugh...how I hate the waterball launcher. My neighbors got one, and it's just terrible--they pretend it's a mortar launcher. If you want to use something like a mortar launcher, just build a WBL as joannaardway said.

It's an interesting gimmick for some people, so you might be able to unload it as a gift to somebody...but that's just plain mean.

I'm sorry for not really adding much to the discussion and simply rephrasing what joannaardway said, but I just had to get my opinion out.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:10 am

http://www.geocities.com/zoccozwatergun ... pter6.html

Thats as much info you will get on retail water launchers.