Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

View Poll Results: do you think pressure gauges help one water guns?
yes 9 47.37%
no 3 15.79%
don't care 7 36.84%
the suck 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #16
DX
A Shrouded Figure

UserID: 75

I like the gauge style of the 2500, 2000, 3000, and 3200 most. You can clearly see the mark on the pc, unlike with the 4100, which was not designed with an analog gauge in mind. They could have easily added one instead of that fake piping design on the outside casing, but whatever.

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!
DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 11:20 AM   #17
Silence
Administrator

UserID: 576

I haven't used any of the soakers you mentioned, but I can imagine that their gauges would be better than the CPS 4100's "gauge." However, if you look near the back of the clear part of the soaker's casing, it's easy to distinguish a plunger mechanism--it's black with a yellow strip around it. There's a groove (closed and sealed, though) on each side of the back of the clear part, and it extends from the starting to the ending positions of the plunger as you fill up the bladder. Of course, I'm sure you've seen it...
Old 06-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #18
Jarathor

UserID: 645

Well, I chose yes because they kinda help, but not much. I mean, if you really need to know, they are pretty useful...
Jarathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #19
Hannibal

UserID: 537

Hello, haven't been here in a while. I like pressure gauges, they just have to be good ones. No batteries. Simpler is better, they just have to be readable in the heat of battle.

I've been having a LOT of battles lately. It's really been fun. I've learned a lot of tacticts as well.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #20
joannaardway
Do not adjust your TV set

UserID: 549

There are two forms of gauges - pressure gauges, and fill gauges.

CPS gauges are always fill gauges - there is no pressure.

Pressure gauges are typically found on air pressure types, although they can have fill gauges instead.

I would say that I would prefer a gauge to not having one, but I can survive without. It's more use on a CPS weapon, because with air pressure weapons, you can generally tell.

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston
joannaardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:09 AM   #21
Lightbulb41

UserID: 664

The CPS 3000/3200 have analog Gauges which is really handy since the gun can be detached the backpack temporlarily and fired and recharged. You can use that Gauge to let you know when you have to go back to the guy with the backpack. (very hand refiller for other guns)

I trade mobility for firepower. Accuracy for strengh. And Stealth for Intimidation.
Lightbulb41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #22
00chapin00

UserID: 658

I think they are a good idea but otherwise useless.
00chapin00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 04:12 AM   #23
insanitys_engineer

UserID: 679

On shopp bought soakers, in my opinion, they are another thing to go wrong. I had an (i think) xp 175 (doouble barrel, double tank, gauge on top) and the gauge was the first thing to go (I opened it up and pumped it full of air, and checked for the leak). I think its still in the shed so i'll dig it out and have a go at mending/modding it.

The only reason I would ahve a pressure gauge would be for scientific purposes on a homemade. I would make it removable though.

Water water everywhere, and not a drop to drink.
insanitys_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:46 AM   #24
joannaardway
Do not adjust your TV set

UserID: 549

Nooooo - don't make it removable - it's just another place for it to leak...

Seriously, I think that they are useful, but yes, they are another thing to go wrong. (As if you needed another problem)

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston
joannaardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #25
Silence
Administrator

UserID: 576

If you truly want a temporary/removeable pressure gauge, then that shouldn't be too hard to do--at least for a homemade. You'll need only a few items: the pressure gauge, 1/4" PVC, and a smooth 1/4" to female threaded 3/4" (or whatever size your nozzle endcaps are) coupler.

Glue everything together, and screw the device onto your homemade soaker that you want to test as if it's a nozzle. Open the ball valve, and even though the reading might skyrocket at first, don't panic; just wait for the reading to stabilize. However, this is impossible to use while firing, unless you have two nozzle/trigger assemblies or even a 1/4" assembly somewhere (in which case you might as well just keep the pressure gauge on permanently.