Call me Bags.

General water gun discussion.
Baghead

Call me Bags.

Post by Baghead » Fri May 12, 2006 12:59 am

Hey Howdy hey there, My name's Baghead, or Bags if you're lazy like I am. I am an active Nerfer and Modder and that's where I frst learned about this site. Someone, I can't find who anymore came to NerfHQ.com and mentioned this site. :D

After a recent Showdown with my girlfriend's little bro, Where I had my arse handed to me until I hijacked one of the 10-year old's Supersoakers and it was a blast, I decided to Pick up a few for myself. A few weeks and an ebay impulse purchase later, I have decided it was due time for me to join up.

Anyone who's seen my stuff on the NIC (Nerf Intrenet Community) knows that I plan to dive right in and develop something awesome.

Currently I have a pair of Max D 6000s but I plan to up my arsenal with a lot on ebay in the next few days.

-bags
Last edited by Baghead on Fri May 12, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scavenger

Post by Scavenger » Fri May 12, 2006 1:19 am

Hey. I've seen few of your guns, real nice. Hopefully you can do the same for water guns, there's not much style in homemades yet (though considerably more power). I check here from time to time, though I am more active on Soaker Media. :)

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sat May 13, 2006 12:33 pm

Hello there, and welcome to SSC. You'll find there is a small but active modding community. Homemades are becoming more and more powerful lately, and there are new designs appearing almost every other week.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat May 13, 2006 6:17 pm

Welcome to SSC. I'm not into Nerf and such, but if I have time, I'll visit that site and see what you can do.

Take a look at the Homemades subforum if you're truly interested in homemades--there's a ton of information there. I've found that the forums have way more content than the articles at the main site because they are "updated" quite often.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun May 14, 2006 12:51 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central! You should find yourself right at home if you intend to do something important because I think most people here are about the same.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 14, 2006 3:58 am

On second thought, could you just post the links to a few of your creations? I'm feeling a bit lazy to check them out myself, and having quick access for everybody could really spark some interest...

I hope my request didn't offend you or anything...I'm just not too comfortable with any forums besides specific gaming ones and now soaking ones.

Baghead

Post by Baghead » Sun May 14, 2006 8:54 pm

SilentGuy wrote:On second thought, could you just post the links to a few of your creations?
Alrighty Then!:

My Freshest complet gun: Manta Ray Custom Painted W/2k intrgration

One of my better know mods: The Big Clip Sawtooth

One of my Best Paintjobs: Big Bad Bow

My Signature Gun: The Secret Bag 2

And Here's a bunch of others in The Definitive Paintjobs Topic on Nerf HQ

Is that good enough?

Anywho, I'm currently Working on fabricating a Nozzle Selector using an old Air Tech 2000 turret on a Artic Shock, I'll have pics up soon.

-bags

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 14, 2006 9:49 pm

Wow, thanks for the links...but you plunged me into a whole new world (Nerf), where the technology/acronyms are all so different and where all the members are so different, too. If I ever get interested in Nerf (though I doubt I will...), I will certainly join.

Those are some pretty interesting inventions...but only time will tell how good you are at building soaker homemades. There is definitely quite a bit of potential.

Approximately how much range does one get with a good Nerf homemade? After I read a bit more, it sounded like you get quite a bit. If you want to make your 6" UBS barrels quiter, you could build a silencer like the ones they use in real guns; just add a very wide length of PVC or another material to the barrel.

So, by adding a nozzle selector to an Arctic Shock, do you intend to make a commercial soaker-type one or a homemade-style, screw-on nozzle selector? I've been thinking about the former, especially for homemades, for a while now; and it can't be too hard. However, I suggest that you work on a better single-nozzle soaker, as spending time on an Arctic Shock is pointless to me.

EDIT: Even if you don't click with soaker technology, your painting techniques could easily spark up the looks of homemade soakers (which are boring relative to the looks of the Nerf homemades, at least your homemades). I didn't know you could get such sparkly colors on what I believe to be PVC, though I think some of that is metal.

laboye

Post by laboye » Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:41 am

Wow, those guns look incredible! As with SilentGuy, Nerf is a completely different world for me. I will have to agree, your painting skills would be greatly appreciated on some of our homemade weapons. Excellent job on the Manta Ray and Secret Bag.

Baghead

Post by Baghead » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:55 pm

laboye wrote:Wow, those guns look incredible! As with SilentGuy, Nerf is a completely different world for me. I will have to agree, your painting skills would be greatly appreciated on some of our homemade weapons. Excellent job on the Manta Ray and Secret Bag.
why thank you, I plan on sticking To Mods mostly, and nerf is still my major hobby, but with my russet Grade Arms Knowledge I may have to make some homemade Soakers too. And just about everything but my pneumatic Potato cannon has a High quality Paint job.

-bags

laboye

Post by laboye » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:58 pm

That potato gun sounds quite interesting...

If you were to work on soakers, would you be building and enhancing others' idea or working on your own concepts?