Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
Baghead

UserID: 619
Default Call me Bags.

Hey Howdy hey there, My name's Baghead, or Bags if you're lazy like I am. I am an active Nerfer and Modder and that's where I frst learned about this site. Someone, I can't find who anymore came to NerfHQ.com and mentioned this site.

After a recent Showdown with my girlfriend's little bro, Where I had my arse handed to me until I hijacked one of the 10-year old's Supersoakers and it was a blast, I decided to Pick up a few for myself. A few weeks and an ebay impulse purchase later, I have decided it was due time for me to join up.

Anyone who's seen my stuff on the NIC (Nerf Intrenet Community) knows that I plan to dive right in and develop something awesome.

Currently I have a pair of Max D 6000s but I plan to up my arsenal with a lot on ebay in the next few days.

-bags

Last edited by Baghead : 05-12-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Baghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
Scavenger

UserID: 399

Hey. I've seen few of your guns, real nice. Hopefully you can do the same for water guns, there's not much style in homemades yet (though considerably more power). I check here from time to time, though I am more active on Soaker Media.
Scavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:33 AM   #3
wetmonkey442
Retired Moderator

UserID: 47

Hello there, and welcome to SSC. You'll find there is a small but active modding community. Homemades are becoming more and more powerful lately, and there are new designs appearing almost every other week.
wetmonkey442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
Silence
Administrator

UserID: 576

Welcome to SSC. I'm not into Nerf and such, but if I have time, I'll visit that site and see what you can do.

Take a look at the Homemades subforum if you're truly interested in homemades--there's a ton of information there. I've found that the forums have way more content than the articles at the main site because they are "updated" quite often.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1

Welcome to Super Soaker Central! You should find yourself right at home if you intend to do something important because I think most people here are about the same.

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:58 PM   #6
Silence
Administrator

On second thought, could you just post the links to a few of your creations? I'm feeling a bit lazy to check them out myself, and having quick access for everybody could really spark some interest...

I hope my request didn't offend you or anything...I'm just not too comfortable with any forums besides specific gaming ones and now soaking ones.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:54 PM   #7
Baghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentGuy
On second thought, could you just post the links to a few of your creations?

Alrighty Then!:

My Freshest complet gun: Manta Ray Custom Painted W/2k intrgration

One of my better know mods: The Big Clip Sawtooth

One of my Best Paintjobs: Big Bad Bow

My Signature Gun: The Secret Bag 2

And Here's a bunch of others in The Definitive Paintjobs Topic on Nerf HQ

Is that good enough?

Anywho, I'm currently Working on fabricating a Nozzle Selector using an old Air Tech 2000 turret on a Artic Shock, I'll have pics up soon.

-bags
Old 05-14-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
Silence
Administrator

Wow, thanks for the links...but you plunged me into a whole new world (Nerf), where the technology/acronyms are all so different and where all the members are so different, too. If I ever get interested in Nerf (though I doubt I will...), I will certainly join.

Those are some pretty interesting inventions...but only time will tell how good you are at building soaker homemades. There is definitely quite a bit of potential.

Approximately how much range does one get with a good Nerf homemade? After I read a bit more, it sounded like you get quite a bit. If you want to make your 6" UBS barrels quiter, you could build a silencer like the ones they use in real guns; just add a very wide length of PVC or another material to the barrel.

So, by adding a nozzle selector to an Arctic Shock, do you intend to make a commercial soaker-type one or a homemade-style, screw-on nozzle selector? I've been thinking about the former, especially for homemades, for a while now; and it can't be too hard. However, I suggest that you work on a better single-nozzle soaker, as spending time on an Arctic Shock is pointless to me.

EDIT: Even if you don't click with soaker technology, your painting techniques could easily spark up the looks of homemade soakers (which are boring relative to the looks of the Nerf homemades, at least your homemades). I didn't know you could get such sparkly colors on what I believe to be PVC, though I think some of that is metal.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:41 AM   #9
laboye

UserID: 670

Wow, those guns look incredible! As with SilentGuy, Nerf is a completely different world for me. I will have to agree, your painting skills would be greatly appreciated on some of our homemade weapons. Excellent job on the Manta Ray and Secret Bag.
laboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 04:55 PM   #10
Baghead

Quote:
Originally Posted by laboye
Wow, those guns look incredible! As with SilentGuy, Nerf is a completely different world for me. I will have to agree, your painting skills would be greatly appreciated on some of our homemade weapons. Excellent job on the Manta Ray and Secret Bag.

why thank you, I plan on sticking To Mods mostly, and nerf is still my major hobby, but with my russet Grade Arms Knowledge I may have to make some homemade Soakers too. And just about everything but my pneumatic Potato cannon has a High quality Paint job.

-bags
Old 06-05-2006, 04:58 PM   #11
laboye

UserID: 670

That potato gun sounds quite interesting...

If you were to work on soakers, would you be building and enhancing others' idea or working on your own concepts?
laboye is offline   Reply With Quote