Vaporizer

General water gun discussion.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:48 pm

Today I went to Target, I was supposed to go to WalMart but my mom took me to Target instead. I took pics of the entier 2004 line, except for a few rare blasters like the Liquidator because they weren't there. The Triple Aggressor is huge! It's bigger than a CPS 1200! I looked at the prices and only had a few dollars to spend, so I picked up a Vaporizer since it was only $4.99.

The gun itself is pretty strong, it's made from good quality plastic and it has good screws as well. I think it's one of the few 2004 soakers without a gimmick, it's just a normal piston. It's got a guided pump, sadly one of it's other features didn't work very well, those quick fill caps just spray water everywhere!

It's range impressed me a lot, it's because of the small nozzle. I used the 1 stride = 3 foot method and too it too the middle of the water circle to get 14 strides, about 42 feet. It must have been my strength. I tested it's number of shots and got mist on the 50th one, so it's got at least 45 shots. Shot time was good for a piston, I counted and got about 3 seconds, and the time inbetween shots is very short due to the small pump, under half a second.

On the inside I saw much could be done. Basically it's a pump with a piece of tubing going to the nozzle! I tried out a mod that kept making me think "sawed off shotgun", but it wasn't as powerful and didn't lose any accuracy so it's not really that, it just makes it shorter by removing the case. I've also been thinking about modding it so that it's a CPS, putting the chamber on top and using the space inside to house the check valve needed to do so. Should be pretty simple, I'll likely do it on another Vaporizer since they're so cheap.

Overall, it's worth the $5 you have to pay. I'll have a review, internal pics and a mod up once I get the time to write them.